Sometimes jealousy is the key

Summary: You've been in love with your best friend for a long time, but were too sure she didn't feel the same way. A party on the compound ends up bringing a lot of revelations for both of you.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: alcohol; fluff

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You are an absolute gay panic whenever Wanda is around. And the more you were around her, harder it got to keep it cool, to the point where all your teammates realized your feelings. Well, not all of them.

The only one that really should know seems to be the one who's most oblivious about it. But of course she didn't realize your feelings because they're not supposed to be there. You were her best friend and she was yours. That's it.

But it was getting to the point where you couldn't hide it anymore. Last week, the witch was telling you about this sitcom she was watching lately and she looked so cute being all excited like that, you couldn't stop yourself.

- You're so sweet, I love you. – The words slipped from your mouth and you froze instantly, the eyes of the woman in front of you wider. – You're my best friend, you know?! Of course I love you! Er, I gotta go do, uhm, a thing! See you later!

And then you stormed out of the room awkwardly, well aware that you were talking way faster and way louder than it was socially acceptable.

After that fiasco, you decide to deal with it. You couldn't be like that anymore, you had to pull your shit together. You were a grown up, an Avenger, for God's sake, you could handle that situation. So, as the mature person you were, you started to avoid her.

Naturally, Wanda noticed your absence, but didn't do anything about it. What was good for you, but kinda hurt a little. In the days that followed, you noticed that Wanda was getting pretty close with Vision. Too close for comfort, if anyone asked you. And all that situation with the android only made you feel worse.

- You have to talk to her. – Natasha said giggling at your current state. You were both in one of the common rooms at the compound, she was sitting at a chair drinking some apple juice while you were in the couch, upside down, with your legs on the back of the couch and with a pillow on your face.

- Are you kidding me? – You say, your voice muffled by the item. – I can barely say hi to her, how can I say I love her. – You hear Nat laughing again and you grumble. – Why does it have to be so complicated?

- Because it involves people and people are always complicated. – She answers simply and you hear her getting up. – That's why I prefer being surrounded by knives, instead. – She jokes and you chuckle.

- I didn't know Banner was a knife.

- Are you really gonna do this after I just told you I carry a knife? – She threatens, but you can tell (or hope) she's not serious. – Go talk to her.

She says finally and push your legs making you fall from the couch. Before you could complain, though, she's already gone. A long sigh escapes your lips as you go look for Wanda, to finally do what you were supposed to for a long time now.

When you finally find her, she looks at you with a bright smile.

- I have to talk to you. – You both say at the same time, causing you two to laugh. After a while of deciding who should speak first, you convince her to do so.

- Vision asked me on a date. – She said, biting her lips as she smiled and you felt a sinking feeling on your stomach. She looks at you in expectation, but you feel like your brain is too damaged to formulate any kind of sentence right now. You force yourself though.