Christmas amends [Christmas Special]

Summary: During a fight, you and Wanda say things you shouldn't and end up hurting each other. You need to hurry if you don't want to ruin Christmas.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: arguing, angst with happy ending

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"You're so stubborn!"

You and Wanda enter your shared room at a heavy pace, angry expressions on both your faces.

This morning, you, Wanda, Natasha and Steve went out on a mission. It was a mess, to say the least. There were many more enemies on the base than you were expecting, you and your group being cornered within minutes.

The only way for everyone to get out of there unharmed was for you to be the bait, while the other three detonated the explosives, preventing the enemy agents from getting to you.

It was a great plan, actually. It would be a little uncomfortable for you, but in a matter of minutes your enhanced healing factor would rid your body of all the damage.

It would've been a great plan, if Wanda hadn't stepped in front of you to protect you from the enemy onslaught, getting shot in the leg in the process.

"And you're so hard-headed! Why can't you admit that what I did was necessary?" she shouts back, turning to you with fury in her eyes. You glance at the bandage on her leg before answering. "Because it wasn't! I had everything under control and you could have died!"

"They were all shooting at you, Y/n, how is that having everything under control?" She asks, crossing her arms, and you run your hands across your face, annoyed. "I was the bait, Wanda, having them target me was the goal. You risked yourself for nothing!"

"Not for nothing, for you!" She retorts insistently, and you groan in irritation. "I don't need you to save me! I can take care of myself." You retort and Wanda raises her eyebrows defiantly. "Oh yeah, that's always worked out pretty well for you, hasn't it?"

As soon as she finishes speaking her expression changes to one of regret, you staring at her in disbelief. That was a low blow, and you both know it.

When you were younger, your parents disappeared. No one knew for sure what had happened, even the police hadn't found any trace that could lead to the whereabouts of your family.

As a result, you were forced to live with your grandparents. They were great, you had nothing to complain about. But there was a part of you that could never forget your parents, the way they simply disappeared off the face of the earth.

So, trusting in your ability to do a better job than the police and your ability to take care of yourself, you ran away from home.

After several weeks and several rough patches, you eventually found out what had happened. This, however, cost you dearly.

The organization that kidnapped your parents, one of the Hydra entities, found you snooping around and took you to a cell. You don't remember much after that. Only pain, torture, and your healing power developing at some point.

After the Avengers rescued you, it took several months before you were able to let their mental manipulation stop affecting you. But the traumas were still there.

You lost count of how many times you had a panic attack or woke up in the middle of the night because a nightmare was too real to be a figment of your imagination.

Wanda knew all this too, since she was always the one who helped you in these moments of crisis. Now, you look at her in shock and Wanda brings her hand to her mouth, ashamed. "Y/n, I'm sorry, I-"