It's always a good time for pizza - AU

Summary: Pizza has always been one of your favorite foods, but it gets even better when the delivery girl is the most beautiful woman you've ever seen.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You don't have one of the healthiest habits in the world, it's true, but you wouldn't say you were careless with your health either. But that only lasted until you laid eyes on the pizza delivery girl.

It was a Friday like any other. You came home tired from work and decided to watch your favorite movie while eating a pizza. So you call the little pizza place near your house and, while waiting for your dinner to arrive, you take a shower and put on your most comfortable pajamas.

It doesn't take long between the time you sit down on the couch and start fiddling with your cell phone to the time the doorbell rings, and you get up and walk to the door.

"Good evening!" Says the pizza delivery girl, or rather the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. Suddenly you become quite aware of your old, stained pajamas and your messy hair. The girl's polite smile briefly falters in the face of your silence, and you awkwardly clear your throat as you stutter a soft "good evening".

The brunette hands you the credit card machine and you take it, trying not to freak out when your fingers brush against hers. "So," you say as you enter your password, "what happened to Jason?"

Jason was the delivery guy you were used to for so many months. The pizza place next to your house was small and homey, so they didn't have many employees, and you got used to always having your deliveries made by Jason.

"Oh he moved away," the girl explains, taking the machine from your hands with a small smile of thanks, "he went to college." She completes and you let out an "oh" of understanding.

"I'm Wanda." The girl introduces herself, handing you the pizza box, and you scold yourself for the way the sound of her name makes you shiver. "I'm (Y/n)." You introduce yourself, and the girl nods. "I know." She says and you widen your eyes in surprise. Wanda giggles. "It's in the order."

"Oh, yeah, sure." You answer awkwardly and Wanda giggles some more. "Well, good night, (Y/n)." She says goodbye with a small smile, which you shyly reciprocate. "Good night, Wanda."

With that the brunette walks towards the elevator and you close the door, feeling your legs shaking.

And like that you start ordering pizza at least twice a week.

You start answering the door with better clothes and sometimes even with a bit of make-up on your face, for the sole purpose of greeting Wanda, talking to her for less than five minutes and then going back to your casual pajamas.

It's ridiculous, you know very well. But every time you see Wanda you are more sure that she is the most beautiful girl you have ever seen, and the brief conversations you have every time she comes to deliver your pizza only make you like her more.

But you do nothing about it, certain that she won't want anything to do with you, and so you continue your weeks.

Today is Friday, which means that you will once again order pizza. Honestly, you can't stand pizza anymore, you've tried different toppings but the smell alone is making you sick and you wonder how long you can stand it.

But then Wanda's warm smile and green eyes fill your mind for the infinity time that day, so you order the damn pizza.

"Good evening, (Y/n)." Wanda greets you as soon as you open the door and you hold your breath as you see her hair caught in a ponytail. She looked breathtaking. "Going for traditional toppings tonight, I see."

"Yeah," you confirm with a shy chuckle, "how are you, Wanda?" You ask, taking the pizza from her hands and propping the box up on the little table next to the door.

"I'm fine." She replies, and as you enter your password into the credit card machine, you notice out of the corner of your eye Wanda swaying her legs nervously. You frown briefly, but before you can say anything about it, the brunette breaks the silence.

"Hey, (Y/n), can I talk to you about something?" She asks, sounding uncertain, which only makes you frown even more. But then you nod, indicating for her to continue. Wanda bites her lower lip thoughtfully for a few seconds, as if pondering what to say, but then she speaks.

"I know it's none of my business and you do whatever you want with your life," she says slowly, as if thoroughly analyzing everything that comes out of her mouth, "but I've noticed that you order a lot of pizza, and it's not very healthy, you know? I don't know, I just got worried, I guess..."

She finishes awkwardly, her cheeks intensely flushed, and you blink a few times in surprise. But then you laugh through your nose. "I can't stand pizza anymore."

Your confession makes Wanda's eyes widen and you smile before continuing. "Honestly, most of them I just give to the neighbors or the doorman. Trust me, I can't stand it anymore."

Your heart beats rapidly at the words coming out of your mouth and Wanda looks at you in a mixture of surprise and confusion. Before she can say anything, you take a deep breath and continue. "I only ordered the pizzas because I wanted to see you," Wanda's eyes widen at the confession, and you feel your cheeks start to burn, "and I didn't get the courage to ask you out or something, so I just kept ordering the pizzas."

It only takes a few seconds for Wanda to start laughing, and you shift your weight uncomfortably between your feet, crossing your arms awkwardly. She's thinking you're crazy, crazy and weird. Of course she would.

"Sorry," Wanda says trying to control her laughter, "it's just that I've been trying all this time to work up the courage to ask you out." She confesses and this time it's you who stares wide-eyed, any coherent thought bidding farewell to your mind.

"You were?" You ask in shock and Wanda nods, a tender smile on her lips, and you let out a shy chuckle, which causes the other's smile to widen. You just stare at each other for a moment, and you are sure your cheeks are burning red from how hot they feel.

"So..." Wanda breaks the silence, swaying her body shyly. "So..." You repeat, evidently as shy as she is, and Wanda gives a little giggle. "Would you like to go out with me?"

The question enters your ears and travels down your body, causing goosebumps all over it. "I would love to." You answer and Wanda smiles cheerfully, making you giggle happily.

"How about tomorrow night?" She asks and when you agree, Wanda smiles. "Okay, I'll pick you up at seven. Pizza?"

You groan displeased at the question and Wanda laughs, causing you to smile as well. You shake your head disapprovingly at the joke, but the brunette just smiles fondly at you, and you find yourself unable not to smile back.

"I have to go now." She announces, and you finally come to your senses, blinking a few times before answering. "Of course! Sure."

"See you tomorrow, (Y/n)." Wanda says, sounding eager and you smile biting your lower lip, knowing that you sound just as eager as she is when you answer. "See you tomorrow, Wanda."