Cuddles are the best stress relievers

Summary: School is stressful and you feel increasingly consumed by exhaustion. Luckily, your girlfriend comes to the rescue.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Being the offspring of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, you attended a specialized S.H.I.E.L.D. school. A full time school, which had several courses for the special agent career besides the conventional school subjects, from espionage and disguise techniques, to combat and resistance techniques.

It was a tough school, no doubt about it. But, this being the career you want to pursue, you have nothing to complain about. All your classmates, without exception, were children of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

Therefore, no one expected people from outside the organization to attend the school, least of all the Avengers, who became a private organization a few years ago. So when Wanda and Pietro, the youngest members of the superhero team, started attending the school, a big commotion was stirred up.

Considering the agent-oriented nature of the institution, the twins attended only a few of the classes, but this was more than enough to get everyone in the school talking about them.

But despite their fame, the two were very quiet and reserved, and when you started talking to them, you realized that they were people like any others (except for their special abilities, of course).

You don't know how it happened, but from colleagues, you, Wanda and Pietro became friends. And from friends, you and Wanda became lovers. Despite the inherent insecurities and embarrassment, your relationship has a very simple (but also very sweet) story, completely different from all the drama you usually see in movies and TV shows. You couldn't be more thankful for that though.

You're currently in your last year of school. In fact, your last few months. Which means that you're going through the testing period, in which you take a series of exams, physical and theoretical, and from your performance the school decides whether you're competent enough to join the agency or not.

Being a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is all you know and also all you want to be. So you do the possible and the impossible to be properly prepared for the exams. All this effort, however, leads to exorbitant exhaustion and a complete lack of time for your personal life.

You spend your days in your room, surrounded by books and gym equipment, and all you do is get ready. But you miss your friends. More than that, you miss your girlfriend. You can't even remember the last time you saw Wanda. Even though you talk to her every day during your breaks, nothing could fill the longing you have to smell her perfume when she hugs you or to feel her smile against your lips when you kiss her.

Sudden knocks on your bedroom door awaken you from your studies and only now do you realize the intense pain in your spine. "Come in." You say, straightening your posture, and as if the universe has read your mind, it brings her to you. "Wanda!" You say, a happy smile on your face, but you can't help but frown in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to check if you were still alive." She jokes, closing the door behind her, and you chuckle. She walks over to you and you stand up from the chair, pulling her into your arms. With the embrace, you feel your whole body relax, and a contented sigh escapes your mouth. You feel Wanda's body sway as she giggles, and when she runs her fingers through your hair, you smile satisfied.

Several minutes later, she pulls away, gently placing her hands on the sides of your face for you to look at her. "You need to rest, (Y/n/n)." She says, her voice laden with sweetness and concern, and you smile dismissively. "I can't, Wands, I-"

"You're more than ready." She interrupts you with a loving, yet firm expression and you giggle, unconvinced. "You are." She says encouragingly and you smile, a grateful smile. Wanda smiles too and soon pulls your face towards her, connecting her lips to yours.

Wrapping your arms around her waist, you smile and when Wanda smiles as well, it becomes difficult to continue the kiss. She pulls her face away from yours just enough to rest her forehead against yours, and you take a deep breath, feeling like the luckiest person alive.

When she pulls her face away from yours, you finally open your eyes. She looks at you with a loving gaze, which you return without even thinking about it. "Come on." She calls out, taking your hand and pulling you to the bed. "Wanda." You say with a warning tone, but she ignores you and you continue to follow her anyway.

She lies on the bed first and stretches her arms out, moving her fingers inviting you to lie down with her. With a giggle, you do so.

As your head meets Wanda's chest and she wraps her arms around you, you feel your whole body relax, a happy smile on your face. You wrap your arm around her waist, pulling her as close to you as you can, and Wanda laughs softly, running her fingers through your hair.

"You didn't have to come all the way here, you know." You say, your voice slow as the sensation of peace fills you completely. "I know." Wanda replies, the serene tone only contributing to the peaceful feeling settling inside you. "But I wanted to see you."

"Have I ever told you I love you?" You ask, and feel Wanda's chest sway with her giggle. "Only several times, but I'll pretend you haven't so I can hear you say it again." She answers playfully, making you laugh. "Well, Wanda, I love you very very much." You say and Wanda deposits a long, tender kiss on the top of your head.

"I also love you very very much." She replies and a welcoming warmth takes over your heart, spreading throughout your body afterwards. You stay there in silence for a while. Wanda playing with your hair with one hand and running her fingers up and down your arm with the other. You just hug her, the accumulated fatigue preventing you from doing anything but enjoy the warmth and care of your girlfriend.

Time passes and it gets harder and harder to open your eyes, so you keep them closed. Wanda watches you fondly, a passionate smile on her face at your peaceful figure. "Wanda?" You say, your voice even more slurred than before, and Wanda has to hold back a giggle. She hums for you to continue and when you remain silent she thinks you have slept. But soon you speak again. "Thanks for coming."

"Anytime, my love." She replies, the smile widening on her face. "Can you stay with me tonight?" You ask, yawning next, and Wanda feels her chest filling with love.

"I'll stay with you for as long as you want." She replies in a whisper and you want to answer, but the calmness and comfort of her presence becomes more and more overwhelming. So you just smile before falling asleep in the arms of the girl you love.