Another Day of Snow [Christmas Special]

Summary: You and your girlfriend have a lovely day outside in winter.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

When the weather gave a respite and finally stopped snowing, you decided to spend some time outside.

According to the news, today is one of the coldest days of the year. But luckily, your ability to manipulate ice and cold enabled you to feel less than a shiver as you walked through the door.

The day is as beautiful as it is cold. Snow piling up everywhere highlights the colors of the trees and flowers that surround the Avengers facility.

Sitting on one of the benches, you admire the landscape. Everything was peaceful and quiet until an impact against your face startles you. As you let out a surprised groan, a giggle is heard beside you.

"This is not fair." You complain, but as soon as the last word comes out, a second snowball hits you on your shoulder.

"Really?" You ask, looking at your girlfriend with an unfunny expression, but Wanda casts you an amused smile. "Oops." She says innocently but is already preparing the next snowball, and you chuckle. "May the war begin, Maximoff."

And like that, you start a snowball fight. You laugh out loud as the balls hit one another, from time to time sending threats to each other.

For some reason, Wanda is much better than you at this and makes snowballs much faster than you. You keep complaining about it, and she keeps making fun of you.

Then you decide to use your powers, using the surrounding humidity to conjure snowballs. Wanda notices and is not at all pleased by it. "Hey, you can't use your powers!"

"Who said that?" You ask challengingly, and Wanda raises her brows. "I did." She answers, and you smirk. "That's not very convincing."

You keep using your powers, and soon Wanda's using hers as well. And like this, you take the war to another level.

Lots and lots of snowballs start being thrown much faster than before, and you and Wanda use your powers to create protective barriers.

At one point in the game, you both decide to build forts and determine that whoever gets to the other's fort first without being hit wins.

The competition becomes milder after this, but the tension only increases. You see Wanda preparing several snowballs, and decide that this is the best time to try to invade her fort.

As soon as you start running, however, a sequence of snowballs fly towards you. You manage to dodge them all by projecting a snow shield in front of you.

"I can't believe you made all those balls and didn't hit me with any of them." You taunt, laughing at her disappointed expression. But then she raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips. "You sure?"

Before you can even ask, Wanda flickers her fingers, and you feel the ice hitting the back of your neck, making you groan.

And so you go back to playing, and things go back to the almost monotonous war while you both try to think of plans to invade each other's forts. Wanda tries a few times, but you always manage to stop her at the last second. In your turn, you have an idea.

Instead of advancing along the front line, you decide to go around, near the trees. Luckily, Wanda didn't try to intrude on your fort in the meantime, and when you were close enough to her, you jump on her. With the brunette's fright, you both fall, you on top of her.

"I win," you say, smiling victoriously as you rest your hands beside her head, and Wanda pushes you lightly in the chest, "better luck next time, witchy." You tease, and in response, Wanda rubs snow on your cheek.

"Hey! Why did you do that?" You complain, and the girl laughs. "Because you deserved it." She replies with a raise of her eyebrows, and you scoff. "Why?!"

"Because I'm your girlfriend, you should've let me win." She explains, shrugging, and you giggle. "I'll remember that next time... For now, I want my prize for winning."

"Okay, and what prize do you want, winner?" The brunette asks amusedly, and you pretend to think for a moment. "A kiss." You answer finally, and Wanda raises an eyebrow. "Just one kiss?"

"Did I say one? I meant a million." You retort, making the girl giggle, the sound warming your heart. "That's a lot of kisses." She remarks, and you shrug. "Good luck to you, I'll be counting."

"I'd better start now, then." She says, and before your smile can even finish growing, she is pulling you down, connecting her lips to yours.

"You guys are disgusting." You hear Yelena's voice a few minutes later, and the two of you break apart amidst giggles. "Come on, Nat made hot chocolate."

You stand up then, offering your hand for Wanda to take, and she does. As soon as she is on her feet, she wraps her arms around your neck, and you smile as she kisses you again. The two of you start walking toward the compound after that.

"Just for the record, I let you win," Wanda says before you reach the door, and you laugh through your nose. "Yeah, right." You reply, unconvinced. Then you use your powers to conjure a small lump under the brunette's feet for her to trip over, but you stop her from falling by holding her arm.

Wanda elbows you in retaliation, and you laugh as you continue walking.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅

Later, you and Wanda cuddle in front of the fireplace, chocolates in hand. Everything is peaceful and quiet until Wanda decides to rest her feet on your shin.

"My God, woman, are you even alive?!" You ask, looking at her in shock. "I'm cold." She answers before taking a sip of her hot chocolate, and you smile, thinking she looks like the cutest thing alive.

"Come on, my little cadaver." You tease, pulling her closer to you, and Wanda grimaces. "Geez, Y/n, don't call me that!" She complains but snuggles into you anyways, and you smile.

"Warm up those feet then." You hit back, arranging more of the blanket over her frozen feet. "I'm trying, you're my heater."

"Lucky me." You reply in playful irony and Wanda raises her eyebrows. "Are you complaining? I can find someone el-"

"No!" "Not at all." You interrupt, and Wanda giggles. "That's what I thought." She says as makes a cocky expression, but can't hide her shy smile, and you smile.

You spend a few minutes of silence after that, the only sound in the room being the crackling of the wood in the fireplace. Eventually, Wanda hugs you tighter.

"I love you, babe." She says softly against your chest and an ear-to-ear smile makes itself present on your lips as your heart flutters in your chest, the feeling of completeness spreading through your entire being.

"I love you too, witchy."

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

I hope you enjoyed it! Thoughts and comments are always welcome ツ

You can also find me on Tumblr (@abimess) and on AO3 (@abimess)