The watershed Halloween camp - AU

Summary: Wanda has always had a crush on you. One Halloween camping trip is all it takes for her to finally do something about it.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: brief talk about murder

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Saturday, Halloween eve, and each of the Maximoff twins had their own way of celebrating the date.

Wanda planned to spend the evening watching classic horror movies, a bucket of popcorn on her lap and treats scattered across the bed. Pietro, on the other hand, had other plans in mind.

"Hey, sis," Pietro walked into his sister's bedroom that morning, smiling with amusement at seeing the girl studying in the middle of the weekend. "What's up, Pietro?"

"I have an invitation for you." The boy announces, smiling mischievously as he sits on the edge of his sister's bed, and Wanda takes a deep breath, closing the chemistry book she was reading. "Oh no, here we go."

"What?" Pietro asks humorously, frowning his eyebrows in confusion, and Wanda lets a giggle escape her lips. "Whenever you come with an invitation and with that smile on your face you always get us in trouble."

"That's not true!" The blond defends himself, scoffing offended at the accusation. But when Wanda narrows her eyes at him in discredit, the boy lets out a chuckle. "Okay, maybe it's a little true, but that's not the case today."

The siblings share a moment of silence, Pietro looking at his sister with pleading eyes and Wanda looking at him in conflict. Eventually, she sighs. "What do you want?"

"I want you to come camping with me and my friends," the boy replies, and just as Wanda grimaces in displeasure, Pietro adds, "please!" The boy says in a whimper, his hands together in an act of supplication.

Wanda watches her brother with amusement, finding the insistence both funny and annoying. She then shakes her head. "You know I don't like these things, Pietro."

"I know, but you'll enjoy the company." Pietro retorts with his eyebrows raised knowingly. When Wanda knits her eyebrows together in confusion, the blond adds, "Y/n is going too."

"No way." Wanda replies immediately, getting up from her chair and going to put the books away on the bookshelf only to disguise her blushing cheeks. "Come on!" Pietro insists, getting up and following her. "I know you have a crush on her."

Wanda met you through Pietro a few months ago. You and the boy are on the school running team and it didn't take long for you to become friends. Often hanging out with the older Maximoff or going to his house, meeting Wanda was inevitable.

The brunette felt an enormous sympathy for you right from the start. You had similar tastes, similar humors, and among all of Pietro's friends, you were by far the one she liked the most.

It didn't take long for this liking to turn into something more, but Wanda decided not to do anything about it, thinking that you and Pietro were a thing.

One day, however, during an unpretentious conversation, Wanda found out that you were into girls and it was as if a key turned inside her, causing her feelings for you to increase exponentially.

But she didn't do anything about it anyway. Not because she didn't want to, of course she did. But because she simply turned into a walking stuttering mess whenever you were around, just the mention of your name making her cheeks boil.

"That's exactly why I'm not going." She answered her brother finally, turning to him with her arms crossed. Pietro, who knew all too well of his sister's love woes, rolled his eyes. "Wanda, you have nothing to worry about. You have Maximoff blood after all."