A chaotic visit to the dentist

Summary: an oral problem forces you to go to the dentist, and having your wisdom teeth extracted causes you not only to make a mess on the dentist's office, but also to confess your feelings for your best friend.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You are one of the most quiet and reserved among the Avengers. Which is why to say that Wanda was surprised by the scene you caused at the dentist is an understatement.

Even after years of being part of the Avengers, the members of the team only knew the minimum about you, just day-to-day stuff and details about your past that they could find in your files. There was one exception though.

Since Wanda joined the team, you noticed that she was as quiet and reserved as you, completely different from her brother, Pietro, who loved to talk and make jokes with everyone.

While Pietro became close to everyone very quickly, Wanda seemed determined to keep herself isolated from the rest of the team. And you did what you had never done before: you went after her.

After some small talk here and there, you and Wanda grew closer. She seemed to let you get to know her, just as you also let her get to know you.

And maybe it's because you have much more in common than you could ever imagine, maybe it's because she has the most sincere and magnetic eyes you have ever seen. But whatever the reason, you have fallen in love with Wanda. But you would never dare tell her.

The idea of opening up to someone was already too frightening in itself. And to open up to someone in this new way, so much more intimate and intense... No way. You would keep these feelings to yourself. And that's exactly what you did, keeping your feelings under lock and key inside your heart.

But Wanda was still your best friend, the person who knew you better than anyone else. So she was the one you turned to when you needed to go to the dentist.

"Your thoughts are very loud." Wanda comments as she drives, risking a quick glance at you. You settle into the passenger seat, trying to disguise the fact that you've been thinking all this time about all the possibilities of your appointment going wrong.

"Smart people do think very much." You reply, sounding as casual as you can, and Wanda giggles, letting the conversation die down afterwards. You then take a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

You get to the building fast, faster than you'd like, and as you get out of the car and start walking to the entrance, you begin to find it hard to breathe. Wanda, who has begun walking a few steps ahead of you, frowns, and turns to you.

"Are you alright?" she asks, holding your hand, and you nod more energetically than would be necessary. "Of course, it's just a dentist appointment. What could possibly go wrong?" You answer with a nervous chuckle and Wanda flashes you an empathetic smile, giving your hand a squeeze before pulling you toward the building.

But then you have your appointment, and the dentist's next words make your previous statement echo like karma in your mind. "We're gonna have to get your wisdom teeth out."

"What?" you ask immediately, panic evident in your voice even with the dentist's apparatus inside your mouth. Then the dentist starts listing the reasons why you need to extract your tooth, but you can't assimilate a single word, anxiety making your heart beat heavily in your ears.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna do that." You interrupt the dentist, and everyone in the room looks at you in a mixture of confusion and surprise. "Don't be silly, Y/n, you've barely been able to eat these last few days." Wanda argues rationally, but you just shake your head.