The most magical time of the year [Christmas Special]

Summary: While you and your wife prepare for yet another Christmas, you have no idea she has a surprise in mind.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: exceeding the limits of fluff and cliché, a slightly suggestive conversation, nausea, vomiting

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It's impossible to be happier than you are right now.

Arranging the last details of the decorations to welcome your friends tomorrow for Christmas, you hum along to a Christmas song your wife had put on a few hours ago.

You smile at the thought of her.

Wanda Maximoff is the girl of your dreams. She was when you first met and still is even years later. You love her immensely, and just when you think you can't love her any more, she proves you wrong. You were nothing but lucky that she felt the same way about you.

Missing the redhead, even though you saw her fifteen minutes ago, you finish positioning the nutcrackers over the fireplace and walk to the stairs leading to the second floor.

"Do you need a hand there, sweetheart?" You offer sweetly, watching Wanda position the various pictures on the banister and smiling at the decoration she has thoroughly prepared.

"No, it's okay." The redhead replies, casting a graceful smile in your direction before returning to adjusting the last photograph. "I'm done actually."

"What do you think?" She asks then, taking a few steps back, placing herself next to you as she watches the decoration she has made, her thumb being nibbled in that adorable way she always does when she's pensive.

"I think you're the best staircase designer I've ever seen." You reply, wrapping your arm around her waist, and the redhead smiles, taking your face gently between her hands and bringing your lips together softly.

You smile against the kiss, and when it's over, you turn your gaze to the photographs, smiling when one in particular catches your eye.

"Wow, I didn't even remember this one." You comment, a nostalgic smile on your lips as you admire the photo. In it, you and Wanda smile widely, her shoulder naturally resting against yours as you sit on the university lawn.

You remember that day as if it were today. Peter Parker, your friend and freshman at the time, had just bought a camera and used the opportunity to take pictures of absolutely everything and everyone.

"I know, right?" Wanda agrees, coming closer to you, her arms wrapping around your waist immediately afterward. "I found it lying around, it's been so long."

"It sure has." You respond humorously, slipping your arm around her shoulder as your eyes remain on the photo. "Look at us all young and cheerful."

"We're still young and cheerful." The redhead argues, looking at you amusedly, but you grimace. "Speak for yourself, now I'm old and cranky."

"That's not true, but I'll still love you when you're old and cranky." She says sweetly, her eyes shining into yours, and you feel your heart warming immediately.

"That's good, I was counting on it when I asked you to marry me." You joke and receive a roll of her eyes in response, a pat being laid on your belly as Wanda pulls away.

You chuckle, and checking the time on your wristwatch, you say, "shall we go? I've arranged it with Steve at 10:30."

"Sure, honey, I'll just grab my coat," Wanda replies, walking up the stairs toward your shared room. Like magnets, your eyes follow the silhouettes of her body, the curves that you had no trouble at all appreciating.