Earth-838

Summary: The one where you come home to your family being attacked by your wife's variant.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: hurt/comfort, violence, make out (suggestive)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

A few days ago the Illuminati Council had sent you and Thor to monitor illegal activities on a planet in a nearby galaxy. The trip was short and the work easy, but being away from your family for two days seemed like the hardest activity you had ever had to do.

You made video calls with Billy and Tommy whenever you could, laughing at their excited holograms when they saw the weird things and aliens around you. You promised to bring them with you one day as they asked, but your wife didn't like the idea one bit.

After the war against the Mad Titan, you and Wanda decided it was time to stop your superhero lives and focus on your family. And that worked well for you, but only for the first five years of it.

You missed the action, and as much as you loved your family immensely, you felt that you were not being as useful as you would like to be. Wanda, knowing you better than anyone else and knowing what was going on in your mind before you even had to tell her, supported you in your decision to return to action.

But you were only involved in simple, low-risk missions. After all, you had a family to take care of and to return to. The Illuminati saw no problem with your decision, glad that you had decided to return.

As soon as the mission is over, you return to your house, taking care not to drive above the speed limit to try to get home early. You don't tell your family that you are coming back, wanting to surprise them.

You stop the car in the garage and walk toward the door with a smile, just the thought of seeing the three people you love most filling your being entirely.

But the next step you take, screams are heard from inside the house, and your peaceful countenance is immediately transformed into alarm. When you see the commotion inside through the living room window, you rush out.

The noises are even louder inside the house, and when you see your frightened children clutching the banister of the staircase and your wounded wife on the dining room floor, your eyes shine silver.

"Stay away from my family!" You warn dangerously through clenched teeth, your magic dancing angrily around your fists as you turn your gaze to the intruder. When your eyes rest on her, however, it falters. "What..."

"Y/n?" The woman before your eyes looks and sounds like your wife, only the color of her hair and the clothes she wears distinguishing them. But she is not your wife, because your wife is getting up right behind you, and you find yourself frozen in place with shock.

"You're alive..." The variant says, her voice charged with emotion as thick tears stream down her face. You frown in confusion, your chest tightening with the need to reach out to her. But you don't.

The intruder keeps her eyes fixed on your figure for another minute before looking at your children, who run toward you and Wanda in desperation, hugging your legs tightly for protection. With a loud sob, the woman falls to her knees on the floor, crying even harder than before.

"Wands-" You start as you see your wife walk past you toward her variant, but the brunette shushes you off with a squeeze on your hand, a reassuring smile on her lips. When you fall silent, she continues on her course.

You watch with apprehension as your wife approaches the fallen Wanda slowly, bringing her hand to the other's cheek. The variant opens her eyes with confusion, looking at your Wanda with questioning eyes.