Your touch just feels right

Summary: Events from your past caused you to develop a complete aversion to touch. Until a certain witch shows up.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: hurt/comfort

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You have special healing abilities. Which is great and very useful considering you're an Avenger. But that came with a price, and the price was your sanity and physical wellbeing.

For years Hydra experimented on you, not hesitating on using the worst kinds of torture possible. Eventually you were rescued and taken care of, but the damage was already made.

You were well reintegrated into society and you can say you have a normal life now (despite of been a superhero of course). But there's one thing you couldn't stand: touch.

After so many people doing so many awful things to your body, you couldn't stand being touched by someone. Even a handshake seemed like a potential threat to you.

At the beginning, your teammates didn't know how to react at your complete aversion to being touched, leading to a very awkward situation whenever they involuntary tried to give you a hug or something like that.

But after a while, everyone got used to it. And no one else was talking about your aversion to touch. Until you started dating Wanda.

It all started a few weeks ago when you told her how you felt about her. To say that Wanda was surprised would be an understatement. Not that you could blame her.

Unlike you, Wanda loves to touch, whether it was hugging, holding hands or just... well, touching. So every time she came to hug you or hold your hand you freaked out and left. And it hurt. It hurt Wanda because she was hurting you, and it hurt you because you were hurting her.

The last thing Wanda wanted in the world was to hurt you, so she always controlled herself to keep a comfortable distance from you. And the last thing you wanted was to hurt Wanda, so you started trying to be more open to her touches.

At first, hugging her or just holding her hand made your heart beat so hard it felt like it was going to burst out of your chest and your vision blurred. Your mind would spin so much that it was hard to breathe, and sometimes it was impossible not to cry, so you cried.

But Wanda would always comfort you, telling you that you didn't have to do that if you didn't feel comfortable and you agreed, your chest filling with love for the very understanding woman you were lucky enough to call your girlfriend.

But you kept trying anyway. And what was once an effort became an addiction. There was no way you and Wanda would be in the same room and would not have some part of your body touch hers. Be it hugging, or holding hands, or even just leaning on each other.

At first, Wanda thought that you were forcing yourself to act that way, but soon she realized that touch was as necessary for you as it was for her, and she was more than happy to give it to you.

But this new dynamic surprised not only your girlfriend, but also the rest of the group. Nobody commented at first, but you were not oblivious to the looks that your other teammates were giving you.

One day you, Wanda, Sam, Nat and Steve were sitting in the living room. Sam and Nat on one of the sofas, Steve in the armchair, and you and Wanda curled up on another sofa, so close you could hardly tell where one began and the other ended.

Steve was looking at you with a gentle smile on his face and you made the mistake of looking at him, which encouraged the blond to speak. "I'm glad you're feeling comfortable enough to open up to someone, (Y/n). "