A gift misunderstanding [Christmas Special]

Summary: Being the chaotic person you are, you ended up accidentally mistaking the Christmas presents. Looking at the outcome, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: suggestive conversation, sex toys (no smut)

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You're not a very organized person. And this usually gets you in trouble. But as well as being disorganized, you are also stubborn. So you continue to be disorganized, and you continue to get in trouble.

On Christmas Eve, things would be no different.

Sitting in the living room of the Avengers compound, you and your teammates exchange gifts of Secret Santa. And you're rather nervous.

This year you drew Wanda Maximoff in the Christmas game. Aka The Scarlet Witch, aka the love of your life. She didn't know about the latter though, and you intended to keep it hidden for the rest of your life, even if Yelena, your best friend, would tease you about it forever.

The brunette smiles shyly as you hand her the gift, and you try not to be too intimidated by her beauty. As the girl unpacks the wrapping, the surrounding group watches in a silence of expectation.

"What the fuck, Y/n?" Pietro is the first to speak, his angry tone matching perfectly with the look he casts in your direction.

You have a confused frown on your face until the moment you see what Wanda pulls out of the box. And then you choke.

The brunette, whose cheeks have taken on an impossible shade of red, is holding a black dildo. Beside her, Yelena disguises a giggle.

"Well... I... er..." You begin awkwardly, wanting more than anything to throw yourself out of the nearest window. "It's a... It's a joke! It's a joke." You finally decide, but the excuse doesn't seem to convince the others.

"Sure you're not implying anything there, Y/n?" Sam asks knowingly, raising an eyebrow at you. Tony's suggestive smile accompanies his next words, "I think Y/l/n is wanting to help her use it."

"Guys! That's my sister you're talking about!" Pietro interrupts the teasing next, sounding more annoyed than ever, and you decide that remaining silent is the best option.

Wanda puts the sex toy back in the box, and the brunette's silence only makes your muscles twitch more in embarrassment.

After a few more teasing comments and glances, the game continues as before, but you are no longer paying attention, all your efforts focused on ignoring Wanda's existence until you could get back to your room.

Lucky for you (or not) she seemed to do the same.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅

You leave the party at the first opportunity you get and mumble complaints and swear words at yourself all the way to your room.

As soon as you get there, you throw yourself on the bed, but it isn't long before knocks on the door are heard.

"Come in!" You grumble against your pillow, imagining it to be Yelena ready to tease you for the rest of the night.

"Can we talk about the gift now?" Wanda's playful tone makes you stand up abruptly, your heart beating rapidly with nervousness.

"I don't know, how about we pretend nothing happened so I don't have to jump off a cliff?" You suggest playfully and Wanda lets out a low chuckle before looking at you curiously. "What really happened there?"

"I got the presents mixed up, that one was for Yelena." You tell with an exhausted sigh and the brunette assumes an almost hurt expression as you say, "Oh... I didn't know the two of you were-"

"We're not!" You interrupt immediately, and clear your throat as the witch looks at you in a mixture of curiosity and amusement. "We're not. In this case it was actually a joke. I bought this for her because she's ace. She gave me a bucket of peanut butter cream. You know, because I'm allergic. I guess our sense of humor is questionable." You end your rambling with a nervous chuckle and receive an amused smile in response. "I suppose so."

"But you can keep it if you want. I mean, I'm not implying you- but it's okay if you do, of course, it's none of my business... I'm gonna stop talking now." With every stupid word that comes out of your nervous mouth your heart becomes closer to combusting. When Wanda smirks, you are sure you could die at any moment.

"Are you nervous, Y/n?" She asks curiously, walking slowly towards you. "You have no idea." You answer with a shy laugh, and Wanda smirks, looking at you with an indecipherable look. "Do I make you nervous, baby?"

"I thought that was implied." You answer in an affected whisper, her honey voice completely disarming you. Wanda giggles at your mesmerized look.

"You're cute." She comments shortly after, not helping your flustered state one bit. When she bites her lower lip, your eyes are immediately drawn to the action.

"Tony was right, you know?" she asks next, her breath brushing against your lips due to the closeness. You frown in confusion, your entire body hyperaware to her presence.

Wanda steps forward then, her face moving even closer to yours. You hold your breath as her mouth moves towards your cheek.

"You could help me out sometime." She whispers against your ear, sending a wave of intense shivers through your entire body.

Before you can process what has just happened, the brunette pulls away again, her warmth being missed at the same moment.

With your brain completely short-circuited, you just watch the girl walk away toward the door, your heart pounding heavily in your ears.

As soon as Wanda reaches the door, she sends a wink in your direction, a smirk never leaving her face as she disappears into the hallway.

With your body warm and your legs shaking, you try to regain the rhythm of your heartbeat and the coherence of your thoughts.

Less than a minute later, you go after her.

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

I hope you enjoyed it! Thoughts and comments are always welcome ツ

You can also find me on Tumblr (@abimess) and on AO3 (@abimess)