What happens on missions (doesn't always) stays on missions - AU

Summary: An undercover mission ends up bringing you the courage to confess your feelings.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: death; alcohol; gun use; happy ending

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

- What's up with rich people and Las Vegas?

- Shut up, you'll blow our cover.

To be fair, you had nothing against Las Vegas. Sure, you're not one for gambling or clubbing yourself, but you could appreciate the feeling that everything is possible that the city brings. But considering your job frequently involved spying on rich people, you ended up in Las Vegas way too often.

But you were not complaining. You love your job, after all. Being a secret agent brings exactly the kind of excitement and danger you've always looked for. You never really knew the details of your missions. You knew what you had to do and that was all. Get in. Do your job. Don't get caught while doing your job. Get out. That was it, and you loved it.

Your mission was to recover an electronic device. It was the only one ever made and it had the potential to conserve energy and apparently that was an issue. You don't know how exactly but you imagined it was a big deal since CIA was wanting it.

You and your partner were currently following your target watching him doing whatever it was that rich people do with their free time.

You'd say that you and Wanda are a great team. While you were all about "act first, think later", Wanda was grounded and cautious. You wouldn't be surprised if she had all the protocols memorized. That made you two balance each other perfectly and maybe you were not the only one to notice this because ever since your first mission together, you never switched partners.

It didn't take long for you two to figure out all the man's routine and to find out he kept the device on his house.

You and Wanda are on your shared hotel room. You're writing the reports of the mission for your superiors and Wanda was laying in her bed doing something on her phone.

- Shit. – Wanda said after a period of silence. When you look at her with frowned brows she walks to you, her phone in hands. - Look.

She points at her phone and you see a party announcement. A big party, actually, to celebrate your target's most recent purchase and you widen your eyes when you see what it was.

- The guy alone bought the biggest casino in Las Vegas?! Jeez, how much money does he have?

- No, (Y/n), that's not the point! – Wanda says slightly irritated slapping the back of your head.

You look at her cellphone again and keep reading, mumbling that that was not necessary as you rub the place where she slapped you. It didn't hurt, you were just messing with her, and Wanda knew it, so she just rolls her eyes with a small smile on her lips.

As your eyes scanned the information on the phone you see that the party will take place on his house (perfect) and it is couples-only (what?!).

- Okay, that's a problem. What kind of party is couples-only?!

- We have to date. – Wanda says with a straight face and you swallow dry.

- Look, I'm flattered, but I expected you to be more romantic. – You joke trying to disguise your nervousness and Wanda rolls her eyes again, a slightly pink hue forming on her cheeks.

- Can't you be professional just once in your life?

Your job includes a lot of covers and made-up stories and you've already had to pretend to date other partners before. But you never did it with Wanda. And the idea was absolutely terrifying to you because you were, indeed, in love with the redhead.