Glimpse of us [Halloween Special]

Summary: You take your sister to visit your home after long years of not seeing her.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: talk about death

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"This is your house?" Natasha asks somewhat impressed, and you let out a soft chuckle, walking slowly with her through the front yard. "Yeah... It's not much but, Wanda always wanted a house in the suburbs, so..."

"It's great, Y/n." The redhead says with a sweet smile, finding your sheepishness endearing. "Honestly, I'm surprised you wouldn't spend your entire life at that apartment." The comment makes you let out a soft giggle as you remember the small flat you used to share with her for so many years before she left, nodding your head in agreement.

You walk together in silence, and you show her the garden and all the little ornaments you and Wanda had bought together many years ago, when you were still decorating the house to welcome your babies. Natasha listens to it all with intent, smiling at your eagerness to share all those stories with her.

When you're done walking her around the yard, the two of you walk together towards the front door, which is open to allow the soft summer breeze to flow into the place you so dearly call home.

The room in which the door leads you is the living room, and you cut yourself off midsentence as your eyes fall on the most beautiful figure you have ever laid your eyes on, the one you're lucky enough to call your wife.

It doesn't take long for Wanda's eyes to find the front door after you notice her, and the brightest of smiles shine on her lips as she drops the pillow she was fluffing to start walking. "Hi, darling!"

"Hello, honey." Greets the man as he walks through the door - and through both you and Natasha -, a smile of his own as he wraps Wanda in his arms gently, and kisses her lips softly in a greeting you had done so many other times.

"Are you alright?" Nat asks softly, a hand on your shoulder as she tries to bring you some kind of comfort. But you're unable to tear your eyes away from the scene. They look happy, is what you say to yourself now, as you have done all the other times you witnessed this scene on your previous visits. That's all that matters.

"Yeah, I..." You swallow the lump in your throat, blinking rapidly as you take your eyes back to the redhead beside you - not the one you're in love with and is unable to see you. "It was hard at the beginning. And it doesn't get easier, but... I'm learning to live with it, I guess. Or, unlive with it."

Your attempt to joke makes Natasha let out a short giggle, shaking her head slightly. But she's still concerned about the pain behind your eyes, so she smiles softly. "I know it's hard, seeing the ones that stayed moving on without us." She comforts you, holding your hand. "But we'll see each other again, eventually."

"Yeah, I know." You say as you give your entwined hands a gentle squeeze, smiling at her before taking your eyes to Wanda and Simon again, that are now chatting casually on the couch, her hand on his thigh as his toys with the locks of her hair.

It reminds you of the first times you had come to visit her after your death - when you finally learned to come back, anyway. Wanda was always miserable, in a way you had never seen her before. Completely lost and broken, about to wither away. But she got back on her feet. Slowly and with difficulty, but she did. There's no way you wouldn't be happy about that.

"Honestly, I'm just happy she's happy." You tell your sister honestly, smiling at Wanda when she smiles as well. "That's all I ever wanted. I would hate to see her sink into sorrow for the rest of her days."