The most frightened Avenger

Summary: Just one night of horror movies with your girlfriend.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You are dangerous. In fact, there was a time when even the Avengers feared you.

But that time has passed and many things have changed. Now you no longer do the things you did before, and you have joined the Avengers, becoming not only part of the team, but part of the family they have built. There you found what you have never had before: care, family, friends, love.

But none of this excludes the various skills you acquired as a trained assassin, and the other members of the team knew that you were also hot-headed. Especially Pietro and Peter, who are always playing pranks on everyone in the compound, except you, out of fear.

And all this reputation makes everyone surprised by one of your characteristics: you are terrified of horror movies. No, not scared. Terrified.

There is nothing in horror movies that appeals to you. They are absurd, nonsensical, and leave you with your heart racing, unable to sleep at night. There is nothing good about them, and you would never watch them if it weren't for one small detail: your girlfriend loves them.

In the beginning, you always found a way to get away from Wanda when she invited you to watch some horror movie with her. Later, when she found out about your fear (dread) of horror movies, she started to invite you less.

But the more your relationship develops and the more you spend time together, the harder it becomes to avoid those nights of terror (literally). The truth is that you love Wanda, immensely, and any opportunity to spend time with her you will gladly take.

And so the two of you are in the TV room of the complex watching The Nun and with each passing minute you rethink your decision to have come to watch this horrendous movie.

"You won't be watching the movie if you keep that pillow in your face the whole time." Wanda teases in amusement, looking at you out of the corner of her eye while keeping her attention on the television. "I know, that's the idea." You reply completely annoyed as you put the pillow down.

"You are the cutest thing." Wanda says with a giggle, coming closer to you on the couch, and you roll your eyes. "I know."

After that you try to focus on the movie, your girlfriend's body pressed against yours providing a certain comfort while all those horrible scenes and jump scares play out on TV. But it doesn't provide enough comfort, so you occasionally let out sighs and mumbles of fright, all of which make Wanda giggle slightly next to you.

"Babe, why do you watch with me?" Wanda asks eventually, amused but genuinely puzzled. "You don't have to, you know."

"I know," you grumble, switching your gaze between her and the television, "This movie is really scary, but you're into it so I'm trying not to cover my face the whole time, but-WHAT IS THAT?" Your train of thought is interrupted by a scene in the movie and your startle is such that your sudden movement makes the popcorn bucket fly, and it would have gone to the ground were it not for the quick movement of Wanda, who, amid laughter, enveloped it with her magic and brought the bucket back to your lap.

"It's not funny," you scold, feeling your heart about to come out of your mouth, "I could've had a heart attack." You dramatize and Wanda hums in mock agreement. "Of course you could." She scoffs and you roll your eyes once again.

"Come here, my love," Wanda invites, wrapping an arm around you and you snuggle into her willingly, " I'll protect you."

You are about to retort that you don't need protection, but then another scary scene comes on the TV and you hug Wanda tightly in reflex, losing your train of thought once more.

-----

After the movie ends, Wanda asked you if you liked it, and when you promptly said no, the redhead laughed.

She also asks if you are okay and if you want to sleep with her tonight. But she does it with a mocking smile and a teasing tone, and then you, being the huge stubborn that you are, say that you were great and that you didn't need it.

The result: you couldn't sleep.

It's been at least two hours, and every time you close your eyes you see that hideous nun. Then, with a surrendered and dissatisfied grunt, you get out of bed and walk silently to Wanda's room.

"(Y/n)?" She asks sleepily as soon as she opens the door, rubbing her eyes with her hands. "What are you doing here this late?" You ponder for a few seconds, shifting your weight between your feet awkwardly.

On one hand, your stubbornness doesn't want to let you admit that you were indeed scared of the movie. On the other, you know that the only way you can feel safe enough to sleep is with Wanda by your side. Then you have an idea.

"Would it be all right if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you." You ask, and Wanda smiles tenderly at you, understanding what this is all about. "Sure, I'll lend you a sweater. If you sleep with me tonight."

You giggle, looking at your girlfriend adoringly as she smiles back at you. "Yeah, I guess I could do that." You playfully reply and Wanda giggles, pulling you into the room next.

As you sit down on the bed, Wanda hands you one of her sweaters and you put it on happily after pecking her lips. The smell of your girlfriend invades your senses immediately and you smile, your body instantly relaxing.

After that you and Wanda lie in bed, sharing a goodnight kiss before snuggling into cuddles.

Wanda runs her fingers affectionately down your back as you do the same around her waist, and you smile as you hear her heart beating.

"Babe?" You call out after a few minutes of silence, and you imagine that she has slept because no answer comes right away, but then she murmurs a "Yes?" and her voice hoarse with sleep makes you smile.

"Thank you," you say shyly, "for letting me stay here tonight." With that Wanda gives you a soft kiss on the top of your head, and you close your eyes.

"Anytime, my love."