Halloween night memories [Halloween Special]

Summary: You and your family go trick-or-treating.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"Come on, mommy!"

"We're gonna miss all the candy!"

Your sons look even more adorable in their costumes - Billy as Buzz Lightyear and Tommy as Woody - when they're pouting. But your attention is on Wanda and her struggle with the camera. "Just a second, boys."

"Is everything alright, my love?" You ask as you see her eyebrows frowned in that way she does when she's in distress, and the redhead lets out an impatient sigh as she answers, "I can't figure how to work this shi-"

"Bad word!"

"Sorry, Billy." Wanda says to the kid, and you hold back your giggle as your wife goes back to struggling with the device. "It's just a camera, love." You place one hand on her waist to try and make her feel better, but it doesn't seem to work at all, as she explains angrily. "I know and I can't use it!"

"Hey, hey, what's up?" You hold her face in between your hands, your brows furrowed with concern when you see her tearful eyes. "I just wanna have this, you know?" She tells as she sniffles. "Save as many moments as I can, so they don't fade away. What if we grow old and forget about this? Or, or-"

"Okay, it's okay." You cut her off when you see her growing overwhelmed with her own thoughts, pulling her closer to you and placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "How about I take care of the camera and you take care of the boys?"

"But I want you to be in the footage as well." She complains, but you're already holding the camera. "I will, I promise." You kiss her cheek to reassure her, finding amusement in her worries.

Before Wanda can proclaim her concerns again, two small versions of Toy Story characters come up to you, holding up your costume pants to complain that you are taking too long.

So you and Wanda start your journey around the neighborhood, watching in amazement as Billy and Tommy have their first trick-or-treating, their excited giggles making you both smile.

You make sure to capture all the best moments - filming not only the boys but you and Wanda as well -, even using your phone to take some family pictures.

When the boys are tired - and their pumpkin-shaped baskets filled with candy -, you and Wanda decide to call it a night, carrying both boys in your arms back to your house.

"Thank you for doing this." She says about the filming as you open the front door, her voice a mere whisper so as not to wake the twins, and you smile at her, pecking her lips as you let her know, "whatever is important to you, is important to me."

Later that night, when the boys are in their beds and the costumes are back in the closet, you show up in your shared bathroom, the camera in your hand. "You don't have to film this." Wanda comments amusedly as she brushes her teeth, but you smile playfully as you watch her through the viewfinder. "Of course I do, you always look so beautiful in front of the mirror."

"I look like a mess." She argues, with what you promptly disagree, and your wife was about to complain again before she noticed something on your face. "And you still have some makeup on your nose, come here."

Wanda wipes her mouth clean on the towel before grabbing a tissue to clean the spot on your nose, making amused comments about your clumsiness. At some point, your eyes - that were locked on her face - seem to find something more interesting to look at, and she frowns as she asks, "what are you looking at?"

"Us." You answer simply, and Wanda follows your gaze with hers, smiling as she sees the reflection of the two of you, your hand still holding the camera up. "We look really good together." She comments lovingly, leaning her body on your side, and you smirk playfully, "I know that's why I married you."

"Idiot." She rolls her eyes at the banter, patting your belly reproachfully, and you let out a giggle, leaning your face down to capture her lips in yours. The redhead smiles against your mouth, deepening the kiss as she moves her hands to the back of your neck.

"Come on, now, turn this thing off." She requests in a husky voice against your mouth, and you don't open your eyes to ask. "Why?"

"Cause we don't wanna traumatize our kids when they watch this in the future." She answers in a mixture of playfulness and seriousness, and you take absolutely no time to stop recording.

#

"You look so young." Wanda comments with her head resting on your chest, you still smiling at what she had said on the video that was playing on the TV.

"This better not be a complaint." You hit back playfully, feeling her body rocking softly against yours as she giggles. "Of course not, you idiot." She tells as she lifts her head from your chest to look you in the eye, "I love that I got to grow old with you."

"And we still have a long way to go together." You remark lovingly, and Wanda smiles sweetly at you before capturing your lips on hers in a gentle kiss. "Now, go back to the beginning."

"Again?" You ask with an amused - and somewhat shocked - laugh. "We've watched it three times already!"

"I know, and I wanna watch it again!" Wanda defends herself eagerly, and your laugh only lasts until you see her eyes filling with tears. "I just miss our boys."

"Hey, we're gonna see them again in a few weeks! We'll even get to meet Billy's boyfriend, finally." You try to reassure your wife, holding her closer to you to try and bring her some kind of comfort.

"Yeah... But it's been so long already, you know? God, how our parents could stand this." She comments as she wipes the corner of her eyes, and you let out a soft giggle, feeling the longing squeezing your chest too.

"I don't know..." You comment sincerely. "Okay, how about we watch this one one more time, and then we'll watch the boy's twelfth birthday? Sounds good?" You ask, chuckling with amusement as she smiles eagerly, nodding her head. "Yeah? Okay."

And then you're putting the video on the TV, one of your favorites since it was the twins' first birthday after you and Wanda finally managed to buy the house of your dreams.

"Baby?" She calls softly after a few minutes of watching the video, her head back on your chest. "Yes, dear?" You ask as you unconsciously place a soft kiss on her hair, making her smile. "I love you so much."

The confession has you grinning like silly. So many years later and those words had the same effect on you. The same effect that they have on her as you answer, "I love you too, darling."

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

I hope you enjoyed it! Thoughts and comments are always welcome ツ

You can also find me on Tumblr (@abimess) and on AO3 (@abimess)