The clothes thief

Summary: You didn't care much when Wanda stole your heart. But stealing your T-shirts is too much. One day you confront her about the stealing, and the reason makes your heart melt even more for the witch.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"Wanda!" You shout, closing the drawer in a jerky motion. You walk with heavy steps to her room. Empty. With an annoyed huff, you then make your way to the common room, never failing to call out to her.

"Wanda!" You say when you finally see the brunette sitting in the armchair, a book in her hands. "Hi, my lo-" she begins, raising her gaze to you, but stops talking as soon as she sees your figure, widening her eyes slightly. "W-why are you only on your top?" she asks, her cheeks flushing at the sight of you.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because a certain someone keeps stealing my clothes." You say in annoyed sarcasm and Wanda shrugs. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She plays dumb, and you raise your brows.

"Oh no? What about the shirt you're wearing?" You ask, pointing to the garment, and Wanda looks down briefly before returning her gaze to you. "What about it?" She asks, and you narrow your eyes. "It's mine."

"No it's not." Wanda retorts and you raise your eyebrows. "How can it not be mine, Wanda? You literally gave it to me on my birthday." You retort. "Exactly. I bought it, so it's mine." Wanda retorts challengingly and you giggle. "That's not how gifts work."

At this moment, Sam and Bucky enter the room and watch the two of you curiously. But soon Sam assumes a playful demeanor. "Decided to show your abs to us, (Y/l/n)?" He mocks and you roll your eyes. "After you started training with Steve you started to think too much of yourself."

"Shut up, Wilson." You retort, irritated, and Sam chuckles. The two men then leave the room and walk toward the kitchen, and you turn your attention back to Wanda again.

"I need my clothes, Wanda." You say and Wanda looks down. "Sorry." She says, twirling the rings on her fingers, and your annoyed posture immediately breaks down. "Why do you do this?" You ask, your voice without any more hint of irritation, just curiosity, but Wanda doesn't raise her gaze. "It's okay if you take my clothes once in a while, but I can't just hang around the compound in my underwear. And if you like them so much we can go out one day and buy them toge-."

"I like yours because they smell like you and I miss you when you're not around." Wanda suddenly admits, and you stop talking. You widen your eyes in surprise and Wanda widens hers in shock, covering her mouth with her hands.

"I'm sorry." Wanda whispers, shaking her head. You take a step toward her, but the brunette runs out of the room. You call out to her, but she doesn't look back.

-----

Later that day, Wanda returns to her room. Her cheeks still warm with the memory of earlier. You had only been together for a few weeks and it was too soon for Wanda to say that. She knows it, but the words slipped out anyway and she had freaked you out. She knew she had, so she decided to avoid you for the rest of the day.

But as soon as she enters her room, Wanda is startled to see you standing there. "Hi." You greet softly, and Wanda doesn't respond until after she closes the door. "Hi." She answers uncertainly, and you press your lips together in a small smile.

"I wanted to apologize for being harsh on you today." You say, moving closer to her, and Wanda shrugs. "It's okay."

"No it's not." You retort, taking her hands in yours, and Wanda raises her eyes to you. "If I knew the reason I would never have spoken that way. I'm sorry." You say softly, your gaze carrying genuine regret, and Wanda nods.

"It's alright." She says, and you smile contentedly, making Wanda smile as well. "But now that I know why, I did something." You say, and Wanda frowns, curious. You flash her an encouraging smile before pulling her by the hands towards the closet.

You stop there, an excited smile on your face that Wanda can't help but find adorable. "What?" she asks amused and you open one of the drawers. Wanda looks in there, blinking a few times in surprise at seeing your clothes organized along with hers.

"Since you like my clothes so much, I thought we could share them. This way you'll always have my scent with you, and I'll have yours with me." You explain, but then your smile falters. "Although... it's kinda weird that I came here and went through your stuff, wasn't it? God, I didn't mean it like that. I'm so sor-"

"(Y/n)." Wanda interrupts you, putting her hand on your arm and giggling amusedly at your embarrassment. "I loved the idea." She says, reassuring you, and you chuckle embarrassedly, nodding. But then Wanda realizes something.

"So does it mean we'll be sharing the room?" She asks shyly, feeling her cheeks heat up, and soon yours become reddened as well. "Well..." You begin, as shy as she is, and Wanda feels her heart warm inside her chest. "We kinda sleep together almost every day anyway. What do you think?"

"I can't think of a better idea." She replies, cupping your face affectionately, and you smile contentedly. Placing your hands on her waist, you gently pull her into a kiss, and Wanda meets you halfway, connecting her lips to yours.

The kiss is sweet as ever thanks to the strawberry chapstick she always uses, but it makes your head spin as if it were the first time. When Wanda sighs against your mouth, you smile.

When the kiss is over, you deposit a little kiss on the tip of her nose, and Wanda scrunches her nose in that adorable way you love so much. "What do you want to do on our first night officially sharing a room?" You ask and watch adoringly as Wanda assumes a thoughtful expression. She doesn't think for long, though.

"Sitcoms and cuddles." She replies and you giggle, the answer not surprising you one bit. As you settle into bed, Wanda puts the episode of one of her favorite sitcoms on the TV. As soon as she lies down on the bed, she snuggles into you and you hug her back, making it impossible to tell for sure where one begins and the other ends.

The episode continues and you feel your heart warm every time Wanda's laughter fills the room, the movement of her laughing body shaking your own. You smile, happy to hold in your arms the girl who has stolen both your heart and your entire wardrobe.