Wishing for a Christmas miracle [Christmas Special]

Summary: On a family trip, you and Wanda pretend to be dating. Little do you expect, however, that this make-believe relationship will bring up some very real feelings.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: fake dating; a little bit angsty but in general it's just fluff

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"Wanda, please!"

You have been trying to talk the girl into traveling with you all the way to the dorm, but nothing you say seems to be enough to convince her.

"I don't know, Y/n, I don't wanna lie to your family." The redhead objects once again, making her way into your shared room in the dormitory. You follow closely behind.

Every year your family gets together for the holidays on the farm your parents have in the countryside. This was never a problem for you, since you always went with your girlfriend, Shuri, and your parents were very chill about it.

In the middle of the year, however, you found out that your girlfriend was cheating on you with a girl named Riri Williams, who is on the same project as her in the engineering department.

You were devastated, you had been together for three years after all. It was hard and it took a lot of support from your friends and a few months of healing for you to recover.

Eventually you did. But now, seeing your family in person for the first time since the breakup, you knew that this would be a regular topic, and you couldn't bear to talk about it anymore.

To avoid the inconvenience, you had the brilliant idea to ask one of your friends to be your fake date for the family reunion. And Wanda, your best friend, was being the victim.

"Neither do I, but worse than lying to them is listening to them talk about Shuri all holiday long. Do you have any idea what a nightmare that will be?" You continue your insistence, making the best pleading look you can manage.

The redhead, who was putting some notebooks and books into her backpack, sighs heavily, an unconvinced expression on her face.

The truth is that Wanda has a crush on you. No, she is in love with you. As much as she hated to admit it even to herself, that was the truth.

And she could handle it in her everyday life. It was never easy for her to see you with someone else, but she managed. But pretending to date you? That had to be some kind of joke.

Noticing that the girl was about to deny you once again, you hold the top of her arms in a pleading manner, and the redhead reluctantly raises her eyes to you.

"Please, Wands, it will be fun! Besides, I'll owe you big time." You say, looking at her with your begging eyes, and Wanda huffs. She hated being unable to say no to you.

"I will not forget it, Stark." She replies without any amusement, but you smile broadly, pulling her into a tight hug afterwards.

"Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you." You repeat, depositing kisses on the top of her head, and Wanda can't help but giggle.

"I love you, you're the best." You say as you pull away, and all the redhead can do is flash you a forced smile, swallowing dryly.

"I'm gonna go let them know now." You tell her, already pulling your phone out of your pocket and walking out of the room.

When the door closes, Wanda throws herself dramatically in her chair, burying her face in her hands. The winter break was going to be a long one.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅