A Christmas attempted murder [Christmas Special]

Summary: While you get ready to tell your wife the most important news of your lives, you have no idea that someone is plotting against your happiness.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: angst with a happy ending (per say?)

You do NOT have permission to repost or translate my work on any platforms (even with credit)

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Walking down one of the snowy New York streets, you hear a familiar voice. "Y/n?"

"Yelena!" You greet with a bright smile, to which the blonde readily reciprocates as she hugs you tightly. "How are you?"

For you, Yelena Belova is one of those rare people that you simply have to have around.

A few years ago you dated. You tried more than once, actually. In the end, you realized that it didn't work out, and luckily, so did she.

And with this realization also came the recognition that you were born to be friends, something like platonic soulmates, and the concept felt right for both of you.

But she left New York eventually, to help other Black Widows such as herself, and you ended up losing touch.

"I'm great! How are you?" She says, moving away and looking at you happily. "I'm great too." You answer and she smiles. "That's good to know."

"Hey, are you busy? Wanna get some coffee?" She invites. Not having anything else to buy, you say yes.

"What are you up to?" She asks as you stand in the line at the street coffee shop. "Just some last-minute shop for Christmas." You say and she nods. "What about you? I didn't know you were in New York?"

"Yeah, I'm looking for a gift for Kate, she invited me to spend Christmas with some of her friends." She answers clumsily, making you widen your eyes in disbelief. "Kate Bishop? The Kate Bishop?"

"Do you know any other?" She retorts humorously, making you laugh in confusion. "I thought you hated each other."

"Well, we don't anymore." "Things changed a lot."

"They sure did." You agree knowingly, making Yelena cast you a curious look. You smile. "I'm pregnant."

"You're what?!" She asks, her voice louder in shock, and your smile widens. "Congratulations, Y/n, I'm so happy for you!" She says as she hugs you, spinning you around, and you giggle amusedly.

She puts you down so you can pick up your orders, and soon you're looking for a table. "How's Wanda?"

"She doesn't know yet." You say, letting out a silly smile as you think about your plan to tell her. "I'll tell her tomorrow when we wake up."

"You're so gay." She teases, reading your expression, and you roll your eyes, an amused smile on your lips.

You keep catching up with your friend after that. Neither of you suspects that, during all this time, you were being watched.

⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅ ⋇ ⋅

A little over an hour later you arrive home. Before you can call for Wanda, she's already waiting for you, a not at all amused look on her face.

"Somebody's looking pretty happy." She says, a hint of anger in her voice that makes you frown. Before you can answer, she throws an envelope at you harshly.

"What's this?" You ask as you open the item. "I'm the one who asks you." She replies promptly, making you even more confused. When you see what's inside of it, you widen your eyes.