The Best Day - AU

Summary: You decide to have the best day of your life with your favorite person in the world.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: fluff and angst

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

Wanda was in class when her phone rang. Professor Harkness threw her a glare at the sudden interruption, but the redhead just cast the older woman an apologetic smile before rushing out the door to pick it up. Her features light up in a smile as she reads your name on the screen.

"Hey, Ginger, where are you?" Wanda's smile grows wider at the nickname, resting her back against one of the corridor walls. "In class. A very important one, by the way." She complains in a playful tone, not really bothered, and you let out a low laugh on the other side of the line.

"I came to the right place then." You comment then, and although the redhead's eyebrows furrow in confusion, she doesn't have the time to ask, because soon you're talking again. "And I'm afraid I'll make you lose the rest of it, Reddy. I kinda need you for the day, can you come downstairs?"

"What do you need me for?" Wanda asks with a raised brow that you can't see, but she's already walking towards the stairs, leaving her belongings behind in the classroom she had spent about 30 minutes of her morning in. She already had everything she needed anyways - her phone and her wallet. Besides, she could always ask Yelena to bring her things back to the dorm.

"What's the fun in telling you that?" You hit back as she hurries down the staircase, two steps at a time, and now it's her turn to laugh. "You expect me to leave all my classes for the day to go on an adventure with you and not even know the reason?" She reasons with amusement, as if the answer wasn't obviously yes.

"Yep, that's pretty much it." The redhead can see clearly in her head your dismissive pout as you shrug your shoulders, and she let out a chuckle as an answer, shaking her head in fake disapproval. "It's gonna be worth it, I promise. It's actually gonna be the best day ever."

"Oh, a very bold statement there." She jokes as she reaches the first floor, walking with quick steps to the front door. "And I'll put my money where my mouth is." You hit back with determination, and Wanda has time to one last response before she walks out of the building, a teasing smirk on her face. "Oh, be careful with that, you have a lot of it."

This time she hears your laughter coming straight out of your mouth - your head thrown back as you rest your body and the sole of one of your sneakers against the body of your father's blue pickup truck. The redhead shoves her phone inside her pocket immediately, running to you and wrapping her arms around your neck.

"It's very rude to hang up on people, did you know that?" You joke as you hug her back, and your best friend giggles against your skin before pulling away. "It's also very rude to get in the way of people's classes, did you know that?" She hits back promptly, and now it's your turn to laugh before shrugging your shoulders. "I can leave if you want."

"Well, you're already here, so..." Wanda trails off with a roll of her eyes as if her ear-to-ear grin didn't give away how happy she was to see you. "Well, alright then. Let's not waste our precious time together." You invite her inside the pick-up truck with a motion of your head, and the two of you exchange another pair of smiles before you start moving.

"You're on Steve's truck today." The redhead points out as she puts on her seatbelt, and you're busy starting the car as you answer. "Yeah, I felt like driving a stick shift car today, it feels more authentic." Wanda only let out a soft chuckle in response, soon after getting busy putting on some songs on the radio, choosing them thoughtfully after you asked her to only play the best ones.