2 ~ But This Is My Home

The sun is out, the fields are glowing, it's beautiful.

—————————————————————————

"I- oh.. I guess I hadn't thought about that..."

"(Y/n), it's fine. This is only an orphanage, you're meant to leave and find your home elsewhere." Adeline said.

"But, this is my home! It's been my home since you'd taken me in!"

The other orphans peaked their heads around the corner. Four young children, all younger than (Y/n).

"I was your first child, and this was my first home! I don't want to leave you guys! You're my family. I- I can't." (Y/n)'s eyes began to water, "It- It's fine, I'll just tell Ms. Lilith that I won't be joining the Coven-"

"WHAT?!" Everyone living in the orphanage yelled. (Y/n) was take aback by the sudden outburst.

"That's outrageous!"

"Insanity!"

"What're you talking about?!"

They all shouted.

"What??" (Y/n) exclaimed, shocked, as she took a step back.

"You're gunna give up your dream just 'cause you gotta live somewhere else?!" A little three year old demon yelled.

"I- well, I.." (Y/n) stuttered.

"Here!" A boy snapped his fingers, magically making all of (Y/n)'s belongings appear in a suitcase. "Problem solved."

"What- but, Ollie I-!"

"Nope, can't hear you!" The ten year old witch said, pushing the girl out of the door. "All I hear is my big sister going off to achieve her dreams or whatever!"

"Am I interrupting something..?" Lilith hesitantly asked as she watched the scene unfold before her.

"Oh, greetings Ms. Clawthorne! We were just trying to convince your apprentice here, not to give up on the Coven just because she can't live here anymore." Adeline said.

Lilith smiled warmly, twirling her finger and picking up (Y/n)'s bag for her. "(Y/n), they'll still be here when you join the Coven," She chuckled, light heartedly.

"I promise I'll visit you guys as much as possible!"

"We didn't doubt that you would." Adeline smiled, waving to her with a proud smile.

"Bye, Ms. Adeline, bye Ollie, Emmie, Merley, Wen, Elora!" She wished them goodbye, one at a time.

"You have a very loving family." Lilith said, carrying (Y/n)'s things to an airship.

"They're wonderful." She walked onto the airship and watched the sun drop below the horizon.

The ship lifted and (Y/n) was carried off to her new life, not knowing she would never see her family again.