19 ~ And I Would Walk 500 Miles

"I love you too."

Do I?

——————————————————————

"(Y/n)!" A woman's voice called out, making the girl turn around.

It was Lilith.

"Oh, hey Lilith, what's up?"

"I heard you're going to look for palistrom wood at the Toes?" The blue haired woman asked as she caught up with the silver and golden pair.

"Yep. But we gotta walk there, unfortunately." (Y/n) half complained.

"This is unfortunate," Lilith commented.

"Is there something you wanted to talk about?"

"Yes, please be careful on your journey to the Toes. It's a lot farther out from here and The Emperor has less reach out there. Not a lot of people will respect you out there."

(Y/n) nodded, "I'll make sure not to get into any trouble then. I'll see you soon, Lilith! Bye!"

Lilith and (Y/n) waved goodbye to each other, and with that, the hand of The Emperor left the castle. (Y/n) hooked her arms around Hunter again and they took off on his staff.

They flew on Hunter's staff. The plan was to fly until they couldn't fly anymore and then walk the rest of the way.

So they flew, just making it past the Gut.

Hunter landed in a forest and followed a path.

It was noon by then and the sun was blazing.

"Titan, it's hot!" (Y/n) complained, taking off her metal mask. "I was baking in here!"

Hunter took his mask off as well. "Me too." He looked down at a map, "There's a town up ahead, it'll probably take us until night fall to get there. We'll find somewhere to spend the night there."

"Sounds good."

They walked as the sun fell. They talked as they walked, finding comfort and pleasure in each other's company.

"You don't get to do normal teen stuff, do you?" (Y/n) asked,

"Of course I do! I go on missions, take down criminals, serve the Emperor etc etc."

"No. Like. Normal teen stuff. Like dicking around at each other's houses? Sneaking out at night to go do shit that your parents don't want you to do?"

"Uh. I mean there was that one night where we snuck out to Grom."

"You're weird, Hunter." She giggled.

"What!" He laughed, "Teens are probably into the same things as me! Like authority! And rules!"

"Oh you would be a strict parent's dream." She laughed, earning a smile from Hunter.

They continued walking and talking, making their way down the Boiling Isles.

"Hey, did you bring Pip?" Hunter asked, looking at (Y/n) from the side.

"Yup! Here he is." (Y/n) replied, bringing the fox out of her cloak. Pip ran around, happily and kept up with the pair.

Hunter was relieved to know that, now, if anybody (namely Kikimora) were to snoop around in (Y/n)'s room, they wouldn't find the palisman.

Night fell and the pair could see the lights coming from the town that laid on the Hips.

The town came into view, a rugged village known as Pelvicka.

The armored pair put their masks on and walked into the town to find it bustling even though night had already fallen.

(Y/n) tucked Pip away into her cloak and walked along side her partner.

The witches and demons who populated the streets were nothing like the folk on Bonesborough. They were similar to the people of Latissa.

"Oh hey, a tavern!" (Y/n) exclaimed. "I've been dying to get something to drink. I haven't drank anything all day, man."

"Ugh, me too."

The masked two walked into the tavern where men and women shouted and screamed as the drank more and more sour liquid.

They sat at the bar, "Two apple bloods, please." (Y/n) asked the bartender.

The bartender poured them two glasses of apple blood and left them their drinks.

"I've.. never had apple blood." Hunter muttered quietly under his breath.

"Oh, well trust me. It's great." (Y/n) boasted as she took of her mask.

"Woah, what're you doing??"

"Taking off my mask to drink. Lilith said The Emperor doesn't have much reach out here. So it doesn't matter who we are."

Hunter shrugged it off and took his mask off as well. The pair laughed and drank their apple blood together for the next few minutes.