13 ~ Solid Block Of Gold

"What're you looking at?" They ask with a smile.

I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out. 'Who are you?' I want to ask. 'Where are we?'

But alas, no words leave my tongue.

—————————————————————————

The sound of knocking awoke the sleeping pair. They slowly opened their eyes to see hardly any sunlight shone through the window, meaning it was still early.

(Y/n) opened her eyes to find herself in a room that isn't her's.

"Uh- where-... oh." She mumbled, immediately cutting herself off when she realized she was still wrapped around The Golden Guard's waist.

Her face flushed red as she looked up to see another red face staring down at her.

"Oh! Uh, good- good morning..." She stuttered, letting go of Hunter.

Hunter put a finger to his lips, a gesture to tell her to be quiet. She raised an eyebrow, but he motioned towards the door.

Whoever was at the door was still knocking.

"Golden Guard, I know you're awake!" A shrill voice shouted as the door continued to rattle.

Hunter and (Y/n) got out of the bed and put their masks back on.

"Now just- pretend we didn't just sleep together, okay?"

"Don't phrase it like that."

They straightened their cloaks to look presentable—and like they didn't just wake up—and opened the door.

"Good morning to you too, Kikimora." Hunter grunted, sounding like he was already fed up with her.

"Golden Guard, Silver Knockoff." Kikimora sneered.

"Her name is The Silver Scout. And this is no way to treat The Emperor's left hand!" He berated. "She is your superior and you will address her as such. Unless you're looking to anger The Emperor."

(Y/n) felt a blush dust her cheeks but quickly dismissed it.

Kikimora grumbled, glaring up at the pair with anger and jealousy in her eyes. "Emperor Belos wishes to see you both." She forced out.

"Then we will see to it that we visit him." (Y/n) nodded and excused her partner and herself from the room.

They walked down the hall, side by side. The heels of their boots click-clacking as they struck the ground.

"What's her problem?" (Y/n) huffed.

"Nagging gremlin. Always looking to one up me in order to please Belos. Think she wants to replace me as Golden Guard." Hunter rolled his eyes in distaste. "She's been working for Belos longer than I've been alive, yet I still got the right hand position." He smirked.

"And I got the left hand position after a day of being in the coven!" (Y/n) added with a light giggle.

"Betchu she's real jealous of you." He laughed.

"Oh no, what's she gonna do? Untie my shoelaces?"
They both bursted into a fit of laughter as a pink magic encased an unsuspecting (Y/n)'s shoes.

"Wo-oAh!" She exclaimed as she fell to the ground.

Looking to her feet, (Y/n) saw that her laces were tied together.

"Don't trip, Silver Scout." Kikimora sneered bitterly as she walked past the masked girl.

"Did that petty hobbit really just tie my shoe laces together?" (Y/n) deadpanned.

"I am not a hobbit!" Kikimora yelled as she did a 180 to glare at (Y/n). She was mighty pissed.

"Yeesh, touchy subject." (Y/n) said, standing up and putting her arms up in a fake surrender. "Aaanyway, I believe Goldie and I were on our way to visit the Emperor. So if you excuse us, we'll be on our way. Don't want to keep the Emperor waiting, do we, Goldie~?" (Y/n) asked Hunter with a snarky voice.

"No, of course not, Silvia. Come now, let's leave the gremlin alone." He replied, matching her tone.

Hm, Silvia. Not a bad nickname.

Kikimora growled before turning away and leaving them be.

"Titan, she's a handful." (Y/n) mumbled. Hunter hummed an 'mhm' in response.

They opened the grand doors to the throne room, seeing Lilith knelt before The Emperor.

"You wanted to see us, Emperor Belos?" Hunter asked as they both knelt beside Lilith.

"Yes. I have a task for you both." He stood from his throne, "You see, Lilith here is having a little trouble with her mission. She's promised to arrest a certain criminal but has failed to do so. I'm sure you know who the criminal is? The infamous Owl Lady? The self-proclaimed most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles?"

"Yes, I've heard of her." (Y/n) nodded.

"Then you'll have no problem bringing her in, right?"

"Emperor Belos, with all due respect to you and (Y/n), those two are just children. If I cannot bring her in, how can they-"

"How can they bring her in if you cannot?" He interrupted Lilith, finishing her sentence for her. "Well Lilith. If you can count, there's one of you and two of them. Surely, two prodigies like them could bring her in, don't you think?"

(Y/n) felt a tad flattered that he called her a prodigy again. She felt obliged to do what he asked since he held her in such a high regard.

"Now. I expect to see The Owl Lady captured by Twilight. Yes?"

(Y/n) turned to leave before Lilith grabbed her arm, "(Y/n), wait."

"Hm?" She hummed in response.

"Whatever you do, please, don't hurt her. Bring her back unharmed. Please." Lilith asked, or rather, begged. She sounded.. desperate.?

(Y/n) nodded and the teenage pair left the throne room, leaving Lilith with The Emperor.

"So, Mr. Genius Teen Prodigy, where can we find The Owl Lady?" (Y/n) asked as they stepped outside the castle doors.

Hunter brought out his artificial magic staff and sat on it. (Y/n) took a seat in back of him, despite having a palisman of her own.

"She'd most likely be at her house-" Hunter paused as (Y/n) wrapped her arms around his waist.

He tensed just like before. Was he uncomfortable? "Hey, you don't mind when I do this, right?"

"No.. I-, uh.." Hunter began to mumble and stutter his words, blushing furiously under his mask. He both hated and loved when she hugged him. He hated that it could make him into such a stupid, mumbling mess, but loved the foolish feeling at the same time.

"Wait lemme see something real quick-" (Y/n) unhooked her arms from his torso as she took his mask off.

"Wha- No!" Hunter yelled as he glared at her with a bright pink, flustered face.

"Heh, I knew it~" She smirked, latching her arms around him again.

"Why don't you fly then." He pouted with bright pink cheeks, reattaching his mask. "See how you like it when I hang onto you."

"Hey man, if you have a death wish, I'll fly us." She shrugged.

"No no, I like living, thank you very much. I'll fly us."

"Alrighty then, Onwards, Goldilocks!"