50 ~ Cloudy Horizons

"Hey Caleb.

My contractions began a little while ago.
They're about ten minutes apart now, I'd say?

I'm excited to meet them. I know you wanted a daughter, but you know I wanted a son. So I guess we'll see in a little bit.

What was the name you liked? Mariona? That's a human name, isn't it? I haven't heard of it from around here. I much like the name Edalyn for a girl.

But for you, my beloved, I'll name her Mariona. And give her the middle name, Edalyn.

Compromise.

I wish we could have argued about the name. I'd say I wanted to name her Edalyn because I thought it was a beautiful name, and you'd say you wanted to name her Mariona after your childhood friend.

Obviously, your reasoning wins. Naming her after someone who impacted your life would trump a 'cute name' any day.

You'd suggest we 'duke it out'. So you'd pull out your fist and say "rock, paper, scissors, shoot."

But of course, I'd beat you at Rock Paper Scissors because you always throw paper. From the day that you taught me how to play, you'd always thrown paper.

So, if you were here, I'd have won the game. And she would be named Edalyn.

But you're not here.

So her name will be Mariona."

————————————

"Why are we stopping?" Luz asked Katya.

Katya pushed her and King off her palisman and began to fly away. "To meet your security escort. Darius insisted."

"What? I don't need a security escort!" She yelled as Katya flew out of sight.

"Did you hear that, Gus?" A familiar voice asked.

"Yeah, I know, I guess we'll just have to go home." Another voice sighed with a smile. "Well, it's been fun. See you around, Luz the Human." It was Willow and Gus.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait!" Luz cried and hugged them, "Of course I want you around! I'm so happy! ...And confused? I thought you were all hiding after what happened at Hexside."

"They were," (Y/n) said, much to Luz's surprise.

"But then they heard Darius and Lilith ordered us to protect you." Hunter added.

~~~A few hours ago~~~

"(Y/n), boy, Luz is going out to rescue her girlfriend, Amity." Lilith said over the telecrow.

"I want you both to escort them and make sure they're safe." Darius continued. "Understood?"

"My name is Hunter, Lilith. And, yes, understood." Hunter said as he and (Y/n) pulled out their palismen. They were walking around Latissa and exploring. They'd found new clothes to wear. Hunter wore a navy blue turtle neck that hugged his body under a beige blouse he found and (Y/n) wore *insert badass outfit*

~~~~~~

"More like Hunter begged us to come because he's terrified of getting recognized." Gus smirked, earning a glare from Hunter and a chuckle from (Y/n).

~~~~~~

"Heyyyy, Captain, Gus. How're you guys doing?" Hunter asked through his telecrow.

"We're as good as two people in hiding can be. What's up, Hunter?" Gus said sarcastically.