39 ~ Lilith

"Don't worry." They say.

Don't worry about what?

"I love you."

——————————

(Y/n) awoke just before Hunter did. She looked to her left and saw the blond boy still asleep. When she saw the boy, she began to smile, and then began to blush. Why would she be blushing- oh.

She quickly and quietly got out of his bed without waking him and fled to her room.

The girl grabbed a telecrow and pressed some buttons on its belly. The crow began humming before a voice spoke.

"Hello?" Lilith asked from a telecrow of her own.

"Lilith! It's me, (Y/n)."

"(Y/n)!!" Lilith exclaimed, "How are you?"

"I'm good! What about you?"

"Me as well. So, what're you calling for? Just to chit chat?" Lilith replied with a smile.

"Actually, I need your help."

"Oh? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Lilith immediately asked, growing concerned and worried.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. I just need some advise." (Y/n) hushed her voice and spoke into the telecrow quietly. "Okay. So, I've got a bit of a crush on this guy I work with. And-"

"Ooh! Who is it?"

(Y/n) was quiet. She didn't respond. "Um." She muttered.

"Who is it, (Y/n)?"

The girl didn't answer.

"Who..?" Lilith asked. The only person she really works with is.. the Golden Guard. "Oh don't tell me it's the Brat!!"

"Heheh, um..!"

"How can you even stand him?"

"He's really nice to me, okay? He's saved me from dying on multiple occasions." (Y/n) said, "Anyways, what should I do?"

"Well, for guy advise, your best bet would be to go to Edalyn. I've.. never really liked anyone."

"Oh! Good for you!" (Y/n) smiled, "You don't have to deal with this little dilema I have, then, huh?"

(Y/n) and her former mentor chatted for what felt like days, weeks even, until she heard stirring in the room next door.

"Okay, Lilith. Hunter's waking up, I gotta go. Thanks for talking to me. You're really the only person I felt like I could trust with my whole stupid crush thing."

"Aw I'm very flattered, (Y/n). Also! Before you go, I'm having a party in a few days for my recent job hiring! Would you like to come?"

"Absolutely! Sign me up!"

"Alright, great! I'll send a letter with the time and address and all that. Goodbye (Y/n)."

"Bye, love you." She said before hanging up.

(Y/n) brought the crow away from her ear and placed it on her window sill where it began coughing up a storm.

Eventually, it coughed up the letter with all of Lilith's party specifics.

(Y/n) smiled and placed the letter onto her window sill.

"Who was that?" Hunter asked from (Y/n)'s door.

"Oh, good morning. That was just Lilith." (Y/n) said with a smile.

Hunter furrowed his eyebrows in concern and quickly walked over to her and began whispering, "Listen, I know she's your grandma—or something, but you shouldn't talk to her. She's a wanted criminal now. You can probably guess what would happen if you're caught talking to a criminal."