60 ~ Yet To Find Another

Spoilers for For The Future

As I walk through the halls of my home, I over hear... crying?
It's Caleb...

"Caleb, honey, what's wrong?" I ask him, alarmed now. Never have I seen him cry before... what broke him? My heart feels twisted, as if I was seeing something I was never meant to see.

Caleb looks up at me, hearing my voice, and desperately tries to dry his tears. "N-nothing, Ellie! I'm, I'm fine." He tells me. But I know he's not; he's an awful liar. So I give him a look. A certain look he knows very well and he sighs. "I.. miss my brother. That's all. Not the Philip you know—the bitter one... I miss the young, sweet innocent boy he used to be. My little brother."

————————————————

(Y/n) walked through the portal hand in hand with Hunter. But she felt his pace quicken and his grip on her hand falter. "Hunter, wait!" She yelled to him, trying to get him to slow down for her. But he didn't hear her. He had one goal in mind and that was to stop Belos.

When she exited the portal, she saw the familiar surroundings of the Boiling Isles. Oh, how good it is to be home... She thought to herself. But then she saw Hunter who anxiously stood around, surveilling their surroundings. 

"Hunter, what's wrong?" She asked him, knowing he was upset.

The blond boy turned his head to his partner, an irritated look on his face. "Nothing. I'm fine. I just need to make sure everyone is safe here." He told her with a slight snarl.

(Y/n) pursed her lips and decided to give him space. He probably needed it after everything he'd been through.. and Hunter would open up when he was ready to.

It wasn't long before the others made it through the portal. (Y/n) saw Amity, Gus, Willow and Camila... but no Luz. "Where's Luz?" (Y/n) asked, alerting the others.

"Didn't she go through the portal with Camila?" Willow told her. Her voice was worried, it quaked a little, too.

Amity gasped and reached into the portal, hoping she'd find her girlfriend. "D-did she not make it through?"

"Hurry! The portal's going to close any second now!" Gus yelled to her.

Amity felt her hand touch fabric. So she grabbed anything she could and pulled with all her might. And soon enough, Luz came flying out. "Luz!" Amity yelled to Luz as she laid on the ground. "You were in there for so long, we- we thought you got stuck behind! Are you hurt anywhere?" The cotton-candy haired girl asked, caressing Luz's face, checking for injury.

Luz took Amity's hand into her own, "I- I'm fine.. I saw something. Or... someone.? But it was probably just in my head." Luz said before she stood up. "Any sign of... him..?" She hesitantly asked.

"Oh, come on." Hunter scoffed as he stood ajar to the group, "It's not like a swarm of ghosts will inexplicably appear if you say him name... I think... anyway, Belos was here, but he's long gone now." He sounded almost.. bitter. Bitter that they hadn't gone into the portal after Belos, and instead stayed behind to make sure he was okay. They should've left him, he thought. Then they could've stopped Belos.

"Well he better stay out of our way. This Mama's hungry for vengeance!" Camila said, holding her bat, looking like the badass she is.

"Now that is a fight I'd watch." Gus commented, making (Y/n) smile.

Camila reminded (Y/n) of Lilith. The caring, sweet, but also kickass kind of person she was, with and without magic.
But it made her feel worried again. It made her feel like she failed her mother. Lilith had done so much for her, but what had she done for Lilith? Leave her behind in the Boiling Isles with the Collector, that's what.
And who knows what's going down with him now. (Y/n) could only pray to the titan that Lilith was okay and with her sister.