3 ~ Little Miss Prodigy

"Come on ———! Catch up, ya slow poke!" I'll say and giggle.

"Stop running so fast, then!" They'll say.

The flowers in the fields are vibrant and clear, but no matter how hard I try, I can't see the person's face. I can't see who they are. Their likeness is obscured.

We run and run, laughing and smiling.

And then I wake up.

———————————————————————

"And here we are, my apprentice, your new home!"

The castle was big on the outside and even bigger on the inside.
Long hallways wore banners that lined the halls with the Emperor's Coven sigil.

"Wow..." (Y/n) said, speechlessly entering the castle.

Lilith guided her to her new room, a small, empty room on the west side of the castle.

(Y/n) could see the sunset perfectly. She watched as the painted orange sky faded to the deep blue of night with glittering stars shining.

"I'll come to wake you up in the morning and you can meet Emperor Belos tomorrow, sound good?" Lilith asked, peaking out from the crack of the thick wooden door.

(Y/n) nodded and began to unpack her things.

The room was very uninhabited—only having a bed, nightstand, empty shelves and a barren desk.

The (h/c) girl unpacked her things and began to personalize her bedroom. Putting pictures of her family back at the orphanage up on the shelves and putting her sentimental items on the nightstand.

Her room was finally beginning to feel at home to her.

"Ah, there we go." (Y/n) sighed, feeling accomplished as she looked at her new room.

She heard a loud bang come from the room next door. Whoever was in that room was angry and liked to slam their door.

The door slamming rattled the walls and threw (Y/n)'s picture of Emmitt off the shelf.

(Y/n) gasped and jumped to catch it just in time. She breathed a sigh of relief before putting the picture back up.

I'll teach that jerk next door to slam their door! (Y/n) thought, angrily.

She grabbed the golden handle on the door but paused with a sigh, if they're angry enough to slam their door, maybe they don't need me yelling at them right now... She thought as she looked out her window, into the dark sky. It's late anyways. I don't want to wake up late and miss meeting the Emperor. I'll let this slide I guess.

Good choice, (Y/n), because the boy next door was not in the mood for talking.

One room over, The Golden Guard sat on his bed, clenching his fists and angrily mumbling to himself.

"Titan, she's so annoying!" He yelled to no one but the walls. "She just has to be on my ass about everything, doesn't she?! I mess up one time and she snitches to Belos. Stupid Kikimora."

———————————————————————

We were laughing. Why were we laughing?

We were running. Where were we running to?

They embraced me in a hug. Who were they?

"I love you," They said. What are we?