17 ~ How Enchanting

Why do I keep seeing you?

————————————————————————

"Okay. Now. Don't look at anyone, don't talk to anyone and most importantly, don't draw attention to yourself. The last thing we want right now is for The Owl Lady to know we're here." (Y/n) warned before walking with Hunter into the ocean of students.

"Hey," Hunter said, offering his hand to her, "I don't wanna lose you in the crowd."

(Y/n) nodded and took his hand. Hunter's face erupted. How was (Y/n) so calm, but Hunter wasn't? That was the question on Hunter's mind.

Stupid stupid, why did I do that? Now I'm as red as my staff. Hunter berated himself.

There was a disco ball that looked eerily similar to the mythical demon, the snaggleback. A band of instruments on the stage playing themselves, and plenty of cute couples dancing together.

(Y/n) noticed two familiar faces. The Blight twins. She had nothing against them, in fact, she was slightly acquainted with them. But that was the issue. She wasn't wearing her mask.

News of (Y/n) being inducted into The Emperor's Coven had spread like wildfire around the school. And if the twins saw (Y/n) at Grom, her cover would certainly be blown.

But then, (Y/n) also saw the face she was looking for, The Owl Lady. She was leaned up against a flower arch looking awfully anxious.

Suddenly, the lights went out.

"Ladies, gentlemen and assorted demons, it's almost time for our main Grom event!" A boy said, standing on the stage.

Everyone took their seats on the bleachers of the gymnasium.

"Now introducing our Grom Queen! You know her, you love her.. you've at least heard of her..? Luz The Human!!" The boy announced.

The Owl Lady's kid ran out onto the gym floor and prepared to fight Grom.

Wait. The Owl Lady's kid is human? How can she fight Grom? Aren't humans powerless?! (Y/n) thought to herself as she and Hunter took seats behind The Owl Lady.

The girl, Luz, grabbed a mace, attacking Grom's first form.

The Owl Lady watched proudly with the imperial pair sat behind her.

"Now?"

Hunter shook his head.

Grom paused for a second, transforming into a door. A woman, looking like the human stepped out.

"Mija?" She asked.

"Mom, what're you doing here!" The human exclaimed.

"Luz? What is this terrible place? Espérate un momento, this isn't camp." Grom transformed into a horrifying, monster version of the woman. "Mija, have you been lying to me?!"

The human winced and turned to run away.

"I can't do it, I can't face my fear!" She yelled as she ran as fast as she could down the halls.

Grom chased her, leaving the gymnasium.

Oh shit.

"Grom has escaped!" Principal Bump declared, earning gasps of surprise from the other students.

"Now?" (Y/n) asked.

"No, too many other witches to come to her aid."

(Y/n) nodded as the pair got up from the bleachers and followed The Owl Lady out of the gymnasium.