22 ~ It's You...

I've seen you somewhere.

——————————————————

The pair left the Inn and continued their journey to the Toes, leaving Pelvicka, in pursuit of palistrom wood for the Emperor.

"We should make it to the left knee by tonight." Hunter waved his staff and there, in his hand, appeared a bag. "I've got camping gear." He said, holding up the bag before waving his magic staff again and making it disappear.

"Awesome." (Y/n) said to him. "How does that thing work?" She asked about his staff. 

Hunter began explaining how it worked and the pair walked and talked until nightfall. And right on queue, just as the sun began to disappear under the horizon, a sign came into view.

It read, "Welcome to The Left Knee. Next town 40 Empirical units away."

Hunter and (Y/n) stopped their trekking and set up a small tent with a couple sleeping bags. The tent was small, but just big enough to fit two sleeping bags side by side one another. Their tent was set up in the middle of a forest and shielded from the night's sky by tall, red leaved trees.  

But the night was cold. Colder than before. The pair could feel the chills of the wind biting at their skin while their breaths became visible. 

(Y/n) shivered as Hunter tossed and turned. Meanwhile, outside in the woods, the creatures of the forest called out to one another as the wind brushed by.

"Can't sleep either?" She asked quietly as she hid in her sleeping bag. They could hear the crickets chirping through the night's silence.

"Too cold. You?"

(Y/n) nodded and shivered, proving how cold the night had become.

Hunter opened up his sleeping bag for her, inviting her into the bag. "It's warmer together." He bashfully said. 

(Y/n) smiled tiredly, sleepily and crawled into his sleeping bag. And Hunter was right—it was warmer together. So, thanks to one another, they were able to rest peacefully and warmly for the rest of the night.

—————————————————————

We approach a cave. The cave is dark and creepy. But I am with someone. They make me feel safe. So I do not fear the eerie cave.

I want to protect the one I am with, although I don't know who they are.

We venture into the dark cave and follow a torch light. I hold onto their arm tightly.

"I don't like this place much." I say.

"I don't either." They say.

I look up at them and their face begins to reveal itself.

It's a man.

I look down at the person holding my arm and their face begins to reveal itself.

It's a woman.

He has ashy blonde hair.

She has (h/c) hair.

Fair skin.

(S/c) skin.

And a strand of hair that doesn't seem to want to stay in place.

And (significant detail).

It's...

Hunter?

(Y/n)?

We look at each other. Lost in each other's features. He looks older than before.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) awoke with a start. She knew who the person in her dream was now. It was Hunter. Had it been Hunter the whole time?

Likewise for Hunter—he finally knew it was (Y/n).

"Hunter, were you-"

"You're the person. You're the person who's been in my dreams this whole time!" He exclaimed. Half of him was excited and the other half was confused. Why had she been in his dreams even when he didn't know who she was? People can't make up faces in their dreams..

"It's you!" (Y/n) exclaimed, matching Hunter's energy. "But.. you looked older in the dream."

"I could say the same for you, too."

"Is.. is it a vision of the future?" (Y/n) asked. "But then why are we in each other's visions?"

"I think it's a good thing." Hunter shrugged and smiled. (Y/n) couldn't help but admire his adorable smile. 

"How do you mean?" (Y/n) asked as she began to pack up her sleeping bag and the tent.

"Well, we're still friends in our visions of when we're older. That means that we stay friends even through our adulthood! And.. and you don't get petrified any time soon!" Hunter beamed while he broke down the tent with her.

(Y/n) felt herself smile back at him. Seeing that she would still be friends with Hunter even through their adulthood gave her much comfort. It made her happy.

"Then, what do your nightmares mean."

Hunter froze. He'd forgotten about his nightmares. If their dreams were a vision of the future, that would mean his nightmares were, too.

"I- I don't know.. but, uh.. let's just focus on the positive for now. And you know what? If we're ever running in a field, we can just- not go into a spooky cave! Yeah! We can change the future!"

He brought a smile onto (Y/n)'s face. "We can use our visions to prevent whatever bad thing happens in that cave!"