63 ~ Nightmarish Visions

"Hello?"

—————————————————————

1The ground shook and rumbled below the septet of witches and humans.

They could feel the ground shaking in their cores.

But the quaking only lasted a little while before fuchsia colored ribbons dropped from the star filled sky. 

The seven stared at the neon ribbons in confusion, wondering what they were. But before they could say a syllable about it, the ribbons wrapped themselves around their arms and legs.

The ribbons were strict and firm. They tightened like boa constrictors around their limbs and lifted them from the ground.

"Hunter!" (Y/n) called out to him. She looked to her left to see Hunter was already looking at her, a worried expression laying on his face.

He reached his arms out to her, trying to reach her. "(Y/n)!" He called back.

But before they were able to grab onto one another, they were yanked apart and pulled up, into the darkened, midnight sky.

"Hunter!" (Y/n) yelled desperately as she saw his blond head disappear into the stars.

And then, once everyone was gone, the starry sky faded into obscurity and blackened to a void.

~~~

Hello?

Is anyone there?

Hunter?

Luz?

Amity?

Willow? Gus? Camila?

Can anyone hear me?

...

"This isn't a dream..."

Luz??

"This is a nightmare!"

.
.
.

"I've always just... followed orders." A voice said.

Hunter!

A setting began to fade in from the black void. They were back at the castle. (Y/n) could see the mossy green bricks that made up the wall of the balcony. And next to her was Hunter who stood in his navy blue shirt and yellow armored vest that he used to wear. He stared off the balcony and into the dark chasm beyond the castle.

(Y/n) found herself kneeling beside Hunter and gazing at the same eerie chasm as him. When she looked down at herself, she was back in her Silver Scout armor. The grey tunic and skirt that Darius had sewn her ages ago. She never got to properly thank him for it.

In the distance, farther than the chasm, was a stone bird. The bird adorned a slash-like scar on its eye. It was a cracked statue of Flapjack. And lying next to him, was a sleeping fox whose stone body was shattered and broken.

That's what they were staring at.

"I never thought about making friends or going to school." Hunter said. "Then I met Flapjack. He was more than a palisman. He was my best friend."

(Y/n) looked up to Hunter whose eyes were devoid of emotion. His eyes which once twinkled naturally were now blank and soulless.

"And then I lost him helping you." Hunter sneered angrily. It was only then that (Y/n) realized he was talking to Luz.

Luz was stood behind them, wearing the Emperor's tunic.

(Y/n)'s heart broke hearing Hunter's words. She wanted to lift her hand and place it on Hunter's just to tell him that she was there for him, but she couldn't move. Instead, her mouth opened and words began to speak for her.
"Pip." Was the only thing that her mouth whimpered in grief. Tears stung her eyes and she felt her chest sink. "He's gone because of you. They're gone because of you." Her mouth said.