14 ~ Lying In The Cold

Someone stood in front of the cave.

—————————————————————————

"Are we there yet??" (Y/n) begged for what seemed like the fortieth time.

"As a matter of fact, we are! So you can shut up now."

The pair landed and stood behind a tree.

"Alright, now what's the plan?" The Silver Scout asked.

"We'll jump her as soon as she comes out."

(Y/n) nodded. They wait a minute before being startled by the sound of a stick crunching behind them.

"Um, excuse me, what are you doing in front of my house?" A voice asked.

The pair turned around to see The Owl Lady standing behind them with her arms crossed.

"Owl Lady, you are under arrest!" Hunter exclaimed, jumping at her with his staff.

The Owl Lady brought out her own staff and battled Hunter.

"AH! Excuse you. Don't you know it's rude to pounce on somebody, first thing in the morning without introducing yourself?" The Owl Lady said sarcastically as she twirled her staff, shooting a large beam of energy at Hunter.

(Y/n) gasped and pulled Pip out on his staff. She jumped in front of Hunter, deflecting the energy beam with her staff.

"I don't want to hurt you, Owl Lady!" (Y/n) yelled, genuinely.

"Oh how sweet of you." She gave a slight smile, "You on the other hand, aren't being very nice!" The Owl Lady shot another beam at him, causing (Y/n) to jump in front of him and deflect it with Pip again.

Hunter was fighting a losing battle. The Owl Lady was far stronger than he was. And since (Y/n) wouldn't go on the offensive, Hunter was partially on his own.

"Who are you dweebs, anyway!"

"We're the hands of the Emperor! The Golden Guard and The Silver Scout!" Hunter declared grandly as he swung his staff.

"Oh boo! You twerps are from The Emperor's Coven? Lame!"

"What's so wrong with being in The Emperor's Coven?" (Y/n) paused and genuinely asked.

The Owl Lady drew a yellow circle with her finger, suspending Hunter in the air, rendering him useless.

Was she just fighting with him for entertainment? If she could just stick him in the air, why didn't she just do that to the both of us in the first place?

"Listen kid, you sound like you're smart, but I wish you were smart enough to see past that whole one witch, one coven thing. Y'shoulda just joined my coven, where you get to do every kind of magic there is! Not that Belos' coven!"

"You have a coven?"

"Hey! I'm still up here!" Hunter interrupted.

The Owl Lady stared with an unamused face and drew a yellow circle, trapping him in a sound proof, transparent yellow ball.

Hunter pounded on the glass-like walls surrounding him, only to still be trapped.

"I do, in fact have a coven, young Silver Scout." The Owl Lady winked as she pulled out a shirt from her hair.

The shirt had an image of The Owl Lady riding her staff, standing up with the words 'Bad Girl Coven.'

"Uh huh..." (Y/n) nodded, slightly confused, but decently intrigued. The Owl Lady tucked the shirt back into her hair.