55 ~ Something To Pass The Time

"Well, he has a nose just like yours... and hair just like yours. And he has the funniest little strand of hair that never wants to stay in place."

"Where is Daddy?" She asks me.

We walk outside and I point to his grave. Grass has grown over the dirt, but I still know it's there because the three roses still stand. "There he is," I tell her, pointing at the yellow rose.

Mari smiles, "My daddy is a flower." She says to herself.

"No that's not-"

————————————

In the Emperor's coven, Hunter always had something to do.
He trained a lot, and he studied a lot. So never once was he as bored out of his mind as he was now.

He had nothing to train for, nor did he have anything to study. He'd left all of his wild magic books in the castle, and there really wasn't anything too interesting in the human library. He could read some Wimpy Kid's Diary, but that felt like an invasion of privacy. So he laid on the basement floor, arms out to his sides, humming a tune he'd heard on the radio,

'Hey I just met you. And this is crazy.' He mumbled to the song playing in his head.
Since Luz was at school, Camila, Gus and Vee were shopping for groceries and the other three girls were doing Titan knows what, he was left to find something to do by himself. And that was proving to be quite difficult.
'But here's my number, so call me maybe.'

"Hey Hunter, whatchya doing?" (Y/n) asked, walking down the stairs.

"Dying of boredom." He replied without looking at her. He stared at the ceiling with an uninterested look on his face.

"I figured as much. Come upstairs I got some for you to do."

Hunter raised an eyebrow as he sat up, his interest peaked. Hunter followed her up the stairs and into the Nocedas' backyard, where Willow and Amity were waiting.

"Alright, where's Flapjack?" (Y/n) asked.

Hunter took Flapjack out and held him in his hands, "Right here,"

"Flapjack, staff form." (Y/n) told him. The bird with the scar on his eye did as he was told, transforming into a staff and landing in Hunter's hands. The boy looked at his partner and the other two girls in confusion. "What do you say to a little sparring match? To make sure you haven't gotten weak. Well, weaker than you already were." (Y/n) said as a hook, of course not referring to his powerless abilities, more as a taunt of physical strength.

"You're one to talk." He taunted back with a playful smirk. "Just don't go crying to Camila when I kick your ass."

(Y/n) laughed and brushed him off. "First one to pin the other down wins."

"Simple enough. You're pretty easy to pin down." He said, not realizing the connotations of his words. A pinky blush grew on (Y/n) face as Willow and Amity struggled not to laugh.

"You'd better put your money where your mouth is, Hunter." Amity said as she sat next to Willow on the side to watch their duel.

"All bark, no bite." Willow added.

"I'll talk the talk and walk the walk." Hunter said, confidently.

"We'll see about that," (Y/n) said, grabbing Pip from her hair and readying herself with the staff. "Go!"

(Y/n) swung at Hunter first but he dashed away from her in a flash of yellow light. Hunter teleported to the side of her and swung at her feet, tripping her onto her ass. Before Hunter could pin her, she summoned ice under his feet, effectively making him slip backwards. He managed to keep his balance, but not without missing the easy ticket to victory.

(Y/n) got back up and blocked an on coming swing from Hunter. Titan, he's strong. She thought as she held him off.

In a flash of light he was gone, but (Y/n) turned a 180 and blocked a swing from behind. He dashed again, disappearing in a flash of light, this time taking (Y/n) by complete surprise.

He poked her in the back with Flapjack's head, sending a minuscule shock into her body.

"AH!" She grunted in surprise as she fell over. She quickly flipped onto her back once she hit the ground, only to be met by Hunter pinning her.

"Looks like I won, Silvia." He said with a playfully cocky tone. "I guess I'm not as weak as you thought I was."

"I guess not, but let's see how your are in hand to hand combat," She said, pushing him away from her with her legs. She hopped up and let Pip and Flapjack run to the side to sit with Willow and Amity.

"Still better than you~" He cooed with a smirk as he put his fists up.

"That remains to be seen."

This time, Hunter swung first, throwing a punch to (Y/n)'s head. She ducked quickly and threw a quick jab at his stomach. Hunter let out an 'Ouph' sound upon impact, but stuck his ground.

When (Y/n) came back up, Hunter threw yet another punch which (Y/n) blocked with her forearm. She threw a punch at him, but he blocked with his forearm.

(Y/n) jabbed left right, left right, in a pattern—all of her hits being blocked by Hunter—until she faked him out and found an opening in his guard. She used the opening to land a solid slap against his cheek.

It was a solid slap, a nice, firm one that made a loud 'pack' sound. Hunter blinked a couple times in confusion. He'd braced to be punched not bitch slapped. "Wha-"

(Y/n) took that as her opening to drop down and sweep his legs from under him. Hunter fell to the ground and (Y/n) pinned him, winning the match.

"I guess we're tied now, Goldilocks." (Y/n) replied in the same cocky tone he had.

Hunter looked up at her with a smile as a faint blush appeared on his face.
"Thanks," He said to her, "That was fun."