41 ~ Feeling Hollow

"What do I do?!"

"There's nothing you can do."

———————————

I'd heard whispers of an attempt to invade the Emperor's mind with wild magic.
I decided to take the villains out, myself.

But just as I was about to stop them,

"Halt! For crimes against the Emperor, you are all under arrest!" Hunter shouted as he and (Y/n) jumped out of the shadows and ambushed the villains.

Hunter aimed his staff at the three cloaked felons while (Y/n) readied herself with a transparent orange staff.

When suddenly,

"Hunter!" A familiar voice shouted as Hunter was tackled to the ground. It was Luz, the human. "Cousin (Y/n)!" She cheered. "Hey can I bug you guys with a few questions?" She asked as she pulled out a pen.

Hunter groaned before sitting up. "Human?!" He yelled,

"Human!" (Y/n) cheered.

One of the cloaked deviants played a tune on their flute and then, all three of them were gone in a puff of smoke.

"No!! I forbid you to flee!" Hunter yelled out, gutturally. "Human!! Do you know what you've just done?!"

There was a cracking sound. The sound of cracking glass.

And suddenly, everything began to glow. Hunter lifted up his foot to find that whatever he'd stepped on was now glowing like a light.

"What's that-"

Boom. Everything flashed yellow. Everything went silent. The only thing (Y/n) heard was screaming coming from the three of them.

And then, they'd vanished. All that was left in their wake were their masks and palismen.

'(Y/n)? Hunter?' The palismen chirped sadly as they looked around for their owners.

(Y/n) opened her eyes to a long, lengthy hallway. The hallway had paintings. So many paintings.

She heard talking in the distance,
"Ahahahahahah," Hunter cackled deliriously, "You want to prove that my uncle is evil, and you thought I would help?! Ahahahaha."

(Y/n) stood up and walked over to Luz and Hunter.

"Well, now that I'm in his mind, I can learn the truth for myself. Isn't that right, Cousin (Y/n)?" Luz asked, putting her arm around (Y/n) and pulling her close.

"I just woke up from a nap, you're gunna have to fill me in here. Where are we, exactly?"

"This dumbass got us trapped in Belos' mind." Hunter scoffed.

"Um. Actually, you're the one who stepped on that glowy thingy so. Technically not my fault."

The Emperor's mind? Waow. Oh wow. Hey, isn't this highly illegal-

"Weird though... I've been in Willow's mind once, and it had more.. trees." Luz thought aloud,

"Makes sense, mindscapes reflect the individual. We've read a lot about this subject." Hunter boasted. "Isn't that right, (Y/n)" He asked as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her away from Luz.

"Yup-"

"Woahh, look at this memory!" Hunter exclaimed as he walked over to a painting. "You know, unfettered wild magic wiped out our family. Everyone knew too much and got themselves hurt. That's why Belos took in the survivors! And dedicated his life to making the Coven System! It's why he's so well liked!"