52 ~ The Night The Sky Turned Red

Every time there was a power outage, Elora would cry. She was afraid of the dark and what lurked in it.

So every time the power went out, (Y/n) would rush to comfort Elora. (Y/n) would hug her and promise that she'd protect her from anything that crept around in the dark.

But the night that the moon covered the sun and darkened the sky, (Y/n) wasn't there.

The lights flickered on and off as the sky glowed red. Red light painted the walls of her dark room.

Elora hid under her blanket and hugged her pink stuffed bear. She cried loudly and called out for her sister. But alas, (Y/n) could not hear her.

She called out for Ms. Adeline, for Ollie, for anyone. But no one came.

"Ms. Adeline?? Ms. Adeline?!" Ollie shouted from downstairs. He ran up to the woman who was lying on the floor. She looked like she was sleeping. "Ms. Adeline, please wake up!"

Her wrist glowed and hummed under her long, purple sleeve.

Merley stared at the woman who laid on the ground as she held her cat plush. What's happening? She kept wondering. She was only 3.

Wen crept down the stairs from their bedroom and peaked around the corner to see what was happening.

They gasped when they saw Ms. Adeline lying on the ground and quickly ran to her side. They knelt beside Ollie and tried to wake Ms. Adeline up as well.

Emmett stood by Merley and held her hand. In his other hand, he held his green and blue dragon that Ms. Adeline had sewn for him.

She'd sewn a special stuffed animal for all of them. A white cat with purple stitching for Merley, a pink bear for Elora, a green and blue dragon for Emmett, a grey rhinoceros for Wen and a blue dog for Ollie.

Ollie's blue dog sat beside Ms. Adeline as the boy called out for help.

He called for his sister, (Y/n). She was the oldest. She would've known what to do.

The red sky shone through the windows and painted their world red as a ray of gold began to stream from Ms. Adeline's wrist. The children whimpered and cowered in fear.

"It's okay." (Y/n) would've said as she'd hug them all. "It's going to be okay."
She would tell them that Ms. Adeline would be fine; that she'd wake up any moment. She would say that she'd protect them and keep them safe.

Ollie wanted his sister to make him feel safe. He wanted his sister to tell him it wasn't the end of the world, tell him it was all just a bad dream and that he'd soon wake up.

Out the window, they could all see the head of the titan in the far, far distance. They saw the beams of light streaming to the eclipse.

For what felt like hours, they cried and shivered in fear. Their cries were loud, but the house had never seemed so quiet. Then suddenly, the moon moved and the red hue that covered the walls was gone.

Ms. Adeline blinked awake and sat up, the stream from her wrist ceasing.
"What.. happened?"

(A/n): hi friends, there's like ten more days left of the hiatus and I missed writing so i decided to try and write some angst 😁