36 ~ A Violent Rematch

Tee hee tee hee

——————————

"No. NO!" Hunter yelled to the empty walls of the cave. "You.. you can't.. you can't be serious..."

Hunter stared at Eclipse Lake. The lake of blue was empty and no Titan blood remained in the pool.

"..Where's all the Titan blood.?" A voice asked from behind, making Hunter turn his head. (Y/n) entered the cave from behind Hunter.

"It's gone, (Y/n). It's all gone." Hunter sighed as his head hung low. He began to walk towards the lake, skidding down the side of it and into the shallow pit.
He fell to his knees in defeat. Tears formed in his eyes. "No, no, no, no. No. This- no." He muttered.

(Y/n) slid down the sides of the empty lake and stood in front of Hunter, "Hey, it's okay-"

"No! It's not, (Y/n)! It's not okay!" He yelled, taking (Y/n) by surprise. "We already failed to bring Belos any palismen. How do you think he'll react when he finds out you don't have any titan's blood?!"

(Y/n) bit her tongue.

"We can't go back. We can't go back. Fuck fuck fuck." Hunter cursed as he began digging.

"What are you doing?" (Y/n) asked, kneeling beside him.

"Digging my grave." Was all he could say. (Y/n) was taken aback and grabbed his hands.

"Excuse me, what?! Why!!" She yelled back as she took her mask off and attached it to her belt.

"If we go back, he'll petrify you. I can't live with that. So! Might as well just be buried here, right? That way, I don't have to go through that. You're welcome to dig your own grave and lay next to me. Or with me if you're down for that~" He teased with a tired smirk.

(Y/n) let out a grave chuckle and let go of his hands. She sat, crisscrossed and defeated. He was right. If she returned the to castle, the Emperor would most definitely petrify her.

"What does Belos even need Titan blood for?"

"To get to the human realm. He needs blood for a key to open the portal."

"He's trying to get to the human realm?"

It was then, that the purple haired girl and the Owl Lady's dog entered the cave.

"Don't worry." Hunter said as he dug, "I won't pick a fight. There's no Titan blood."

"Then, why are you digging?" The girl asked.

Wait. Is that Amity?

"Oh, it's simple really." Hunter chuckled deliriously, "Belos needs Titan blood to make a new portal key. Can't get to the Human realm without it!"

"There's blood in the key?" Amity muttered to herself.

"Since we failed our last mission, I thought, "Hey! A chance to make up for it!" But she can't go back empty handed! Hahaha! ... not again."

Amity looked to the defeated girl sat not too far from Hunter.

"(Y/n)..?"

"Long story short—this is my grave. Want me to make you one, too?"

"This is really bumming me out." The dog said.

"That's just life, rat. Everyone has a use, and if you don't, pfft- buh bye! Your friend gets it."

The red cardinal flew over to Hunter and tugged at his stolen cloak.

"Hey! Go find a better witch to be with." Hunter groaned as he face planted into the dirt.