20~ And I Would Walk 500 More...

You remind me of someone...

—————————————————————

"And then he-" (Y/n) took a sip of her apple blood. "He threw up everywhere!" She laughed.

"Eww, gross!" Hunter cringed, "Poor Emmett!"

"After eating the whole bag of Harshmellows and throwing the whole thing back up, I'd never seen such regret in a three year old's eyes." (Y/n) laughed and smiled, regaling Hunter with stories of her family back at the orphanage.

A boy, around Hunter and (Y/n)'s age, probably older, walked into the tavern and took a seat to (Y/n)'s right.

He ordered a hard liquor and downed it. Then he ordered another. And another.

Soon, he was drunk off his ass.

"Woah, I didn't know girls this pretty lived in Pelvicka." He flirted in a sly, slurred tone.

(Y/n) cringed and ignored him, turning her body to completely face Hunter. "Anyways, then there's Emmett's twin, Elora. She was so adorable as a witchlet-"

"Ahem." The boy interrupted (Y/n).

"You need somethin', bud?" She turned her head slightly, but only enough so he could catch her peeved face.

"Nah, I just wanna get to know ya."

"Well if you couldn't notice, I was talkin' to my partner here. So yanno, politely, buzz off please."

"Oh, is he your boyfriend?" The boy asked with a scoff.

"No, he's not my boyfriend."

Hunter frowned, saddened.
I'm not her friend? He thought to himself.

But nevertheless, the guy continued, "Can I buy you a drink?" He asked.

"I've got my apple blood. I'm fine, thank you."

"Can I buy you another apple blood?"

"I haven't quite finished my first one yet."

And Hunter just watched with a frown on his face.
Am I really not her friend??

The guy noticed (Y/n)'s silver mask attached to her belt. "Oh, you work for The Emperor?" He questioned with a smirk.

(Y/n) didn't respond, only turning her attention back to Hunter who had his gaze fixated on his glass of apple blood.

"I didn't know pretty girls came down here, much less pretty girls from castles." He flirted, leaning closer to (Y/n).

"Ugh, can't you take a hint? I'm not interested. Please leave me alone."

"Aw c'mon, babe. You look pretty easy, why don't we ditch your partner and go back to my place, eh?"

"Excuse me?" (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows in disgust. It was clear that this guy was used to getting what he wanted often.

"Yeah, it's not far from here. C'mon I'll give you a time better than this guy ever could." He gestured to Hunter.

Hunter had no clue what he meant.

The boy took hold of (Y/n) wrist and got up from his seat. When (Y/n) tried to take her hand away, he only gripped tighter.

Hunter noticed her struggle and stood from his seat, "Let go of her-"

(Y/n) twirled her finger and summoned an icicle. She held the icicle to his throat. "Aye buddy. I suggest you let go before I make a scene."

"I like my girls feisty." He smirked holding onto her wrist tightly.

"Ew." (Y/n) cringed and slashed the boy in his thigh. He let go of her arm and groveled in pain.

She didn't cut deep enough to cause major injury, just enough to draw some blood and send a warning.

"Crazy wench!" He yelled. 

(Y/n) only shrugged and turned back around to Hunter who was still sat at the oak wood bar staring at his drink. 

The guy lunged towards (Y/n), but before he could lay a finger on her, she twirled her finger and wrapped a plant vine around his foot, effectively tripping him.

(Y/n) laughed over her shoulder and turned to look back at Hunter, "I think it's time to leave, Goldie. C'mon."

Hunter hopped off his bar stool, leaving some snails for the bar tender, and followed her silently. But (Y/n) could hear his footsteps slightly dragging on the stone ground as they exited the bar. It was strange, though. Hunter had always had light footsteps, barely making any sound, in order to appear more undetectable. 

"Hey, what's wrong, Hunter?" (Y/n) asked, noticing Hunter's uncharacteristic mood. She stopped outside the tavern and took her mask off along with Hunter's. She placed her hands on his shoulders to comfort him, but he didn't really seem to notice.

"Did you mean it?" He asked quietly as he looked at the ground, his magenta eyes were glassy and he couldn't bring himself to look at her. "What you said back there?"

"What did I say? I said a lot of things to that dickhead."

"That I'm not your friend."

"What?! Hunter, I would never say that."

"You did! You said I wasn't your boyfriend!" He yelled, finally looking up at (Y/n).

(Y/n) immediately perked up and smiled, "I meant boyfriend, not like friend who's a boy." She said, shifting the tone of the conversation. 

"What's the difference?"

(Y/n) closed her eyes and struggled to hold back a giggle, "Hunter do you know what a boyfriend is?"

"Yeah, me." He pointed at himself with his thumb.

"No," She chuckled, "A boyfriend is like.. uh, damn how do I describe it?" She thought to herself for a moment, "Being boyfriend and girlfriend is a romantic relationship. We don't have a romantic relationship."

"Well then how do we get one??"

"I'm sorry?" (Y/n) asked, confused as a mini blush crept onto her cheeks.

"How do we get one?" He repeated.

"Hunter, do you know what a romantic relationship is."

"No, but it sounds good... it- it is a good thing, right?"

(Y/n) had to hold back a face palm and a giggle, "A romantic relationship is what eventually leads to marriage and starting a family." She explained in the most basic way she could think of.

Hunter's face went red with realization. "Oh, so like... Boyfriends are before.. marriage.?"

"Yes, boyfriends turn into husbands and girlfriends turn into wives. Significant others turn into spouses."

(Y/n) sighed in relief, at least she didn't have to explain the concept of marriage to this poor boy.

"So," She smirked, "You still wanna be in a romantic relationship?" She slyly teased.

"Perhaps." He teased back, getting the memo.

"Alrighty then, boyfriend, let's go find us some shelter for the night!" She laughed and grabbed his hand.

Hunter felt his cheeks dust pink. He must be coming down with some kind of fever.