27 ~ Setting Sail

What does it all mean?

_____________________________

"Silver Scout, Golden Guard," Emperor Belos said from his throne. "Now that Lilith is gone, I am appointing Hunter to be the Coven Leader."

Hunter's eyes lit up as he hadn't had his mask on. "Thank you, Emperor Belos." He said, trying to contain his excitement.

"Now. I have a mission for you both, but particularly, more for Miss Silver Scout."

"Yes, my liege?" (Y/n) asked, stepping forward.

"After your mentor's betrayal, I want you to prove your loyalty. Make sure that you do not do the same."

(Y/n) nodded,

"I want you to slay a selkidomus. There's one that's been ravaging the coastline. I don't care how. Just do it. Understand?"

"Yes, Emperor Belos, we will."

The hands of The Emperor left the throne room and headed for Bonesborough.

(Y/n) held on tight to Hunter's waist as they flew on his staff.

Hunter landed in an alleyway of the Bonesborough market. "Hey, do you know any invisibility spells by any chance?" He asked.

"No, but I know cloaking spells." (Y/n) twirled her finger and the both of them poofed into coven scouts.

The pair walked over to a board labelled, Craig's list. Hunter put up a wanted poster for the selkidomus.

"You can't do this to me! Do you know who I am!" The Owl Lady yelled, drawing the attention of a crowd.

"Hey, The Owl Lady and her kid are here." (Y/n) said quietly to Hunter.

"I don't need your pity!" The Owl Lady shouted at the crowd, "I was the most wanted criminal for years! You should fear me!" She held up her old wanted poster.

A trash collector took the poster out of her hand and put it in his trash bin.

"Don't worry, Sister." A familiar voice said.

"Lilith?" (Y/n) asked aloud.

Good. She's safe and with her sister. (Y/n) sighed in relief.

"At least my image still commands respect and fear!" Lilith smiled, posing next to a poster of her own. The poster had a noble image of her with the words 'Join the Emperor's Coven Today!' on it.

The poster was set ablaze and replaced with posters of The Golden Guard.

"The Golden Guard?" The human asked, taking one of the posters. "Did you know him in the coven, Lilith?"

"Unfortunately, I did. He always got special treatment because he was the Genius Teen Prodigy. But he's really just a brat. You know who was the real teen prodigy? My student! She was the one with talent, not him." Lilith sneered, taking his poster crumpling it up. "If he's in charge, vomit."

(Y/n) felt herself smile with how Lilith spoke of her.

"C'mon, I've got a ship for us." Hunter said, taking hold of (Y/n)'s hand.

They boarded a large ship belonging to The Emperor's Coven and looked out onto the wooden docks from a window in the captain's quarters.

"That's Salty," Hunter said, pointing to a sailor. "He's the captain of this ship." Salty had red skin, claws like a crab and spines on his back like a fish.

Salty was talking to a girl.

"Is that-"

"The Owl Lady's human and her dog." Hunter finished her sentence. "What're they doing here?"

"You sure you can handle this, squirt?" Salty asked the human.

"I can handle anything." She said with her hands on her hips.

Salty handed her a sailor's outfit and turned to Hunter and (Y/n), nodding. Hunter shut the stained glass window.

The pair stayed in the captain's quarters as the ship set sail. They sat and chatted, enjoyed each other's company.

"Why did The Emperor want us to kill this beast?" (Y/n) asked.

"I dunno, he didn't say."

"I kinda don't wanna. It's a peaceful creature and it's not hurting anybody." (Y/n) mumbled under her breath.

"What? But who knows what'll happen if you don't!" Hunter argued.

"I- I know, I know. I'll do it, but that doesn't mean I want to."

They were interrupted when the ship hit a hard bump and the doors to the captain's quarters were burst open. The Owl Lady's dog came rolling through and fell on the ground.

"Hey!" He yelled, pounding on the door. "King want a cracker!" He whined, trying to open the door.

Hunter waved his staff and made crackers appear on the desk in the middle of the dimly lit room. "Bait." He whispered to (Y/n)

"What? Why-" (Y/n) was silenced when Hunter put a hand over her mask where her mouth should be.

"oOo," The dog crawled over to the desk and ate the crackers. The dog looked down and noticed he was stepping on an envelope. "Heh?"

The dog picked it up, studying the emblem stamped on the seal flap.

"Is that The Emperor's sigil?" The bone dog turned up the fire of a lamp that sat on the desk, revealing the sigils that were planted all over the room. "This ship belongs to The Emperor?! Oh boy, I gotta tell Luz."

"Unfortunately," Hunter stepped out of the shadow of the corner, "You won't have the chance."

Hunter took the dog and put him in a bird cage. "Let me go!" It screamed.

"Here I gotchu, Goldie." (Y/n) said, putting a blanket over the cage.

"So sleepy-" The dog immediately fell asleep and quieted down.

"Huh. That was easy." Hunter said, putting his hands on his hips.

"But- why?" (Y/n) asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Why what?"

"Why did you capture the dog?"

Hunter grabbed the cage by the loop at the top, "So that you won't have to slay the beast."

The ship came to a stop and a rattle as the crew of the ship battled the selkidomus. (Y/n) and Hunter watched from the windows as the crew managed to restrain the great sea beast. The boat rattled again when an explosion was set off.

A thief had boarded the ship. And with the explosion, the selkidomus got out of its restraints. The thief stole the sailors' money and jumped onto a mini getaway boat.

The human quickly charged after the thief on her own make shift boat. 

"C'mon," Hunter offered her his hand. (Y/n) was confused as to why, but took it anyways. "Alright, hang on, we're going after the criminals." Hunter said as he teleported into the boiling sea.

"Hunter, are you out of your mind?!" (Y/n) yelled.

"Relax, I made a protective bubble with my magic," He waved his staff around. "The boiling sea won't hurt you as long as you hold onto my hand."

(Y/n) nodded and kept a firm grip on his hand.

"Now, hold on tight, Silvia~" Hunter flew them through the sea.

"Why were you on that ship to begin with?!" A familiar voice scolded. It was The Owl Lady. What was she doing there? "You could've gotten killed!"

The Golden Guard and The Silver Scout emerged from the sea in a giant fist of water, crashing onto the black sand beach,
"That can still be arranged."

The Owl Lady and the human looked at each other with worried faces.