35 ~ I'll Be Useful

Hoot hoot

————————

"It's the Owl Lady and her dog.. and- is that the youngest Blight..?" Hunter mumbled to himself as he hid behind a tree, "Maybe they could help lead us to- HEY, HEY! WUAGH!" He yelled as the cardinal tugged on his hair and pulled him out from behind the tree.

He toppled in front of the Owl Lady and the Blight.

The youngest Blight gasped, forming a ball of fire in her hand as the Owl Lady pointed her staff at Hunter, "A coven scout!" The purple haired girl exclaimed.

"Uh, yes! I am but a humble scout, and I surrender." Hunter stuttered and held his arms up in surrender.

"Well. That was easy." The dog said.

"Not so fast, King. Don't you recognize that annoying voice?" The Owl Lady sneered.

Hunter looked down, dejected, "Why does everyone say that?"

Man. Do I really have that much of an annoying voice? Does (Y/n) think its annoying?

Hunter tried running away, but the purple haired Blight wrapped him in abomination goo, rendering him powerless.

"This is none other than Belos' right hand man." The Owl Lady told Amity.

"The Golden Guard?" She asked. Amity looked down at the blond boy who laid in the snow, "He is.. a lot scrawnier than I imagined."

The dog laughed at him. Hunter glared back in response.

"Shut the fuck up." He muttered with a sneer.

"Alright. Get up pretty boy." The Owl Lady rolled her eyes and grabbed his cloak to pull him up.

Hunter walked with them into the mines in silence.

They walked for a bit until coming across a dead end of ice.

"I got this." The Owl Lady said, confidently before yelling, "Hoot" and running head first into the wall of ice.

The wall broke. Luckily. Otherwise two teenagers and a bone dog would be left with an unconscious owl to drag around.

"Did I do it?! Did I go into harpy mode?" The Owl Lady excitedly asked.

"No, you just screamed "hoot" and ran head first into a wall of ice." The dog said, sounding fairly disappointed. "Pretty funny actually."

Hunter glared at the cotton candy haired girl. She glared back. "You can put down your staff. I won't run." Hunter looked back, behind him.

"Tough shit. Because I don't trust you." Hunter rolled his eyes and kept walking.

The group came across an abandoned mine camp. Where old tools were left behind.

"Huh. This stuff is old." The Owl Lady said as she kicked around a few tools.

"Ancient witches used to mine the veins for Titan blood-"

"They're not paying attention." Amity said, interrupting Hunter.

The Owl Lady's dog stood atop a laser firing canon while his owner stood in front of said canon.

"Go on, fire it. Maybe the adrenaline will kick in, and bam, Harpy Eda!" She exclaimed, making Hunter's eyes widen in concern.

"Sounds perfectly safe!" The dog replied, powering up the laser.

"Wait. Don't-!" Hunter yelled as the canon was fired.

The energy blast that the canon shot missed the Owl Lady and hit the wall. The wall of ice reflected the beam and bounced it around the room.