37 ~ Healing

Orange circle spells

————————————

(Y/n) stumbled into Hunter's room and locked the door with Hunter close behind her. She sat on his bed and leaned back as she looked to Hunter who stood above her. His magenta eyes stared into hers through the dark.

Hunter leaned down and asked her one simple question,
"May I remove your top?" He asked in a low voice.

"Yes." She replied.

Hunter gently removed her top and gazed at her body. (Y/n) moaned...

..in pain.
"Hunter, will you stop fucking staring and tend to my wounds please." (Y/n) asked as she tried not to let her wounds bleed onto the sheets.

"Oh! Yes! Uh," Hunter stuttered as he grabbed bandages and healing glyphs from his closet.

In any other situation, Hunter would be a blushing mess. I mean, the prettiest girl on the isles, topless, alone, in a bedroom with him? Ayooo. But this wasn't the time to think about that. His partner was bleeding and injured.

He tenderly wrapped her wounds in bandages and stuck the healing glyphs to them.

"There we go. Feel any better.?" He smiled at her.

(Y/n) nodded and let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Hunter looked at her and noticed a large scar on the left side of her chest. A scar that ran from her ribcage to above her bra.

"What's that from?" He asked.

"Don't know. I've had it for as long as I could remember." She said and smirked, "Why you lookin over there anyways?"

Hunter's eyes widened as his face heated up, "I- uhm. I- UH."

"I'm just teasing you." She chuckled. "Damn, Amity got me good. Fucking hell. My shoulder hurts like a bitch! Do you at least still have the key?"

"Mhm." He said as he held up the cracked key. During the fight, Amity had broken it. The key swung like a pendulum and dripped blue blood from the cracked eye.

The red cardinal flew and landed on Hunter's arm,

"So, you stuck with me the whole time, huh bird?" He said with a soft smile on his face.

The cardinal chirped and Hunter's eyes widened. "I think I understood that! Is that your name? Can you say it again?"

The bird chirped. 'Flapjack' it said.

"Haha, weird. Can you say other things?"

The bird continued to chirp, making Hunter smile.

"(Y/n)! He said his name was Flapjack! ...What's a Flapjack?"

"I dunno, I've never heard of it. Maybe we can ask around the castle."

-
-
-

"Darius!" Hunter exclaimed. The Head Witch of the Abomination Coven didn't bat him an eye. "Do you know what a flapjack is?"

The Coven Head ignored him, as per usual.

"What about you, Eberwolf?" Hunter asked.

Eberwolf, the Beastkeeping Coven Head, hissed at him.

As per usual.

-
-
-

"Head Witch Whispers!" (Y/n) called out as she tried to wave them down. "Excuse me, but do you happen to know what a flapjack is?"

Raine Whispers, the head of the Bard Coven, hesitated for a second. They were quiet before shaking their head and walking away.

Hunter stared at the Witch with a confused look.

"What's wrong?" (Y/n) asked her partner.

"I dunno. They've just been acting weird lately. A lot more quiet than usual."

"Hm. Well it seems like none of them know what a flapjack is. Maybe Belos knows!"

Hunter nodded and took her hand into his as he began running to the throne room.

(Y/n) blushed a tad but kept running with him.

When they entered the throne room, they found that the Emperor was not there. Hunter paused and looked around, still holding her hand.

"Is he.. like.. in the bathroom or something? 'Cause every time we've come in here, he's on his throne. Actually.. come to think of it, I've never seen him outside of his throne room." (Y/n) rambled to herself.

"Maybe he's working on the door!" Hunter exclaimed to nobody in particular as he took off running again.

(Y/n) kept pace as they ran across the castle and down, into a dark basement-esque room.

Hunter and (Y/n) ran into the room to find the Emperor looking at a door with an eye. The door was hooked up to a bunch of tubes.

"Emperor!" (Y/n) greeted and bowed alongside Hunter, "Hi, hello. Question, what's a flapjack?"

"A flapjack is synonymous to a pancake." Was all he said. He didn't turn away from the door.

"What's a pancake?"

"Why do you ask?" The Emperor replied, beginning to become suspicious, as he finally turned to look at the girl.

"N-no reason!" Hunter intercepted.

Emperor Belos stared at the two with a suspicious look, but shook it off. "(Y/n), did you get the titan's blood?"

"I regret to inform you that there was no titan's blood in Eclipse Lake. However! Hunter and I have retrieved something that could aid you."

"I- I know you didn't want me going to Eclipse Lake, but if I hadn't, (Y/n) and I wouldn't have found this!" Hunter held up the key and the second Belos laid eyes on it, he snatched it from the boy's hands.

Hunter was startled and flinched backwards, (Y/n) caught him from behind and held him by his arms with a concerned look on her face.

The Emperor stared at the key. Staring at the dripping blood and the crack.

"Some of the titan blood did spill, but if you let me explain, I-"

"Leave." Belos commanded, without giving Hunter another look.

Hunter nodded and led (Y/n) out of the room by her hand.

"...why don't we.. get out for a bit." Hunter said as he took Flapjack out and transformed him into a staff.

(Y/n) did the same with Pip as they flew out of the nearest window.

They flew and raced, lifting their moods and laughing the whole way.