5 ~ Classic

What was in front of us?

————————————————————————

"You know, when you said I'd be battling 10 adults, I figured it couldn't get worse than that.. but, I stand corrected." (Y/n) said, staring at the cliff of a mountain. "S-so what's this test training thing?"

"I'm going to leave you and these other recruits here, at the top of this mountain and we'll see who makes it to the bottom alive!" Lilith replied with an unfitting cheery tone. "Now! New recruits, line up!"

There were about four other people there. All of the recruits on the mountain stood in a straight line beside (Y/n).

"Alright, you all have two options: go down the designated path and face whatever obstacles come your way, or jump off the cliff and die."

"Titan, that's morbid." (Y/n) mumbled.

"You all are free to use any type of magic you know. I hope to see at least a few of you down there. I'll be waiting. Good luck recruits. And (Y/n)."

And with that, Lilith took off on her Palisman, soaring away and leaving (Y/n) at the top of a mountain.

(Y/n) began looking for a faster way down. Going down the path would take way too long, and she didn't have a lot of warm clothes on so she'd likely freeze to death before she made it down.

The cliffside was too steep to build a sled, so sliding down the side would be the same as jumping off.

"Ugh!" (Y/n) groaned, beginning to shiver.

I wish I had some fur like Ruth. Maybe then I wouldn't be fre- Oh! Ruth!

(Y/n)'s mind began thinking, the gears began turning.

"Hey everyone! I know a way down!" She yelled, drawing everyones attention.

She drew a large circle with both her hands and summoned Ruth, the winged deer.

Ruth was big. Bigger than a normal deer. Big enough to fit all five people.
Everyone climbed onto Ruth.

"Alrighty, boy! Let's fly!" (Y/n) said.

Ruth spread his colossal wings and took off, barreling down the side of the mountain.

They landed shortly after.

"Hey Ms. Lilith!" (Y/n) called out, twirling her finger and making Ruth disappear.

"Wha!" Lilith jolted up, shocked. "You're- you're down already?!"

(Y/n) nodded.

"But, but I left you up there for five minutes! How are you down already?!" 

"You told me I could use any kind of magic, so I used the one I knew best! Beastkeeping magic! We rode my Peryton down here."

"I-" Lilith was at a loss for words.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow. "Was.. was I the first person to ever think of that..?"