38 ~ Fallen Down

My hair billows in the wind and sways side to side.

——————————————————————————

"Okay. You ready?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, but what if I fall?" (Y/n) held her arms out to balance.

"I'll catch you, don't worry."

"How can I know I can trust you not to let me plummet to my death?"

"Would I really do such a thing?" Hunter looked at her with half lidded eyes.

"Yes. Yes you would."  (Y/n) returned the look.

"You're right. I totally would. Just not to you."

"Oh. How sweet." The girl said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

The pair stood atop an abandoned bell tower near the castle. The tower stood over five stories tall. (Y/n) was standing on her palisman as Hunter hovered next to her, sitting on his own palisman staff while he held her hand for balance.

"Can you balance?" He asked as his hand began to drift away from hers.

"I.. I think so?" She said, her legs wobbling on the staff. Her feet stood as sturdily as they could on the palisman staff, but they still shook.

Hunter fully let go of her and let her fly on her own. She soared through the sky confidently while Hunter watched with a smile.

"Hey, I got the hang of thi- aw FUCK" She yelled as her balance was thrown off by a blast of pink magic. The blast of pink magic had come from one of the castle's windows.

She was flung off of her staff and sent falling towards the ground.

Hunter felt his heart plummet and his body run cold as he watched her fall from the sky.

"(Y/N)!!" Hunter yelled as he raced through the air towards her.

"Hunter!!" (Y/n) called out as she fell.

Flapjack used his magic to teleport Hunter to the ground below (Y/n).

"What the- how did we-"

'Shut up and catch her, doofus!' He angrily chirped at his owner.

"Huh?- oh, OH!"

Hunter opened his arms just in time to catch her. (Y/n) closed her eyes and braced for impact when her fall was broken and she fell into his arms. He held her bridal style, tightly close to his chest.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" He asked as she looked up at him.

Their eyes met. Magenta eyes.

(Y/n) felt her face grow hot, her cheeks flushed red, "Uh huh..." She weakly said with stars in her eyes.

Hunter felt his face heat up as well when he realized he was still holding her. "Oh! I um. Sorry." He stuttered before putting her back down.

"It- it's cool. Um. Thank you. For saving my life.. again." She said as she hugged him tightly.

Hunter rested his head on her's as they stood there, in the embrace. "Of course. Don't want my partner dying on me, do I?" He said with a snarky smirk.

(Y/n)'s blushing face did not relent. She just looked up at him and admired him.

Hunter had fallen first, but (Y/n) was about to fall so much harder.

Hunter let go of her and took her by the hand, leading her back into the castle.
"It's getting dark, we should head back inside."

(Y/n) nodded and looked at their linked hands.

Oh Titan.

'Hehe look who's got a crush~' Pip laughed to Flapjack.

'Took her long enough.'

'Now's the excruciatingly painful part where we wait until they actually confess their feelings for each other.' Pip rolled his eyes.

'Oh no. What if it takes another 38 chapters?'

'Jack. Don't break the fourth wall.'

'I'm sorry, Pippy.'

'die'

They walked back to the castle and entered Hunter's room.

"Care to read?" Hunter asked as he jumped onto his bed.

"Of course." (Y/n) replied. She scooted next to him and rested her head on his shoulder, just like she had done every other night before.

Is this weird? Is this too weird? I'm resting my head on his shoulder. But I always rest my head on his shoulder. So it's not weird right? This isn't a thing- it- no. It's normal. Haha. Right?

"You're tensing. What's up?" Hunter paused from reading and looked at the blushing girl who laid on his shoulder.

"Uhm. It's nothing. It's nothing. Don't worry about it. Keep reading buddy."

Shit. Why did I call him buddy. That's weird. Was it weird? FUCK.

'Oh I remember this phase. The awkward overthinking phase haha. God dammit.' Pip rolled his eyes. 'Hey, goofy ass, quit being stupid and tell him how you feel.'

"What?? Are you crazy?" (Y/n) whisper-yelled. "What if he doesn't like me back?!"

'Are YOU crazy?? Are you BLIND?!' Flapjack intercepted and loudly tweeted at her.

All the while, Hunter continued to read aloud, "And back in the deadwardian era-"

"The fuck do you mean 'am I blind'?? I'm not blind, you're blind!!"

'Sure, sister. You stupid if you think he don't like you back.' Pip started at her with a slow blink.

"Whatever. That's dumb."

"What's dumb?" Hunter asked, looking up from his book. He was reading a page titled, 'A System of Covens' "The coven system?"

"Um." (Y/n) felt her face go red, "Yes. Oh man. I wish we could all be like the Owl Lady. She's so free and, boy do I wish I had a dog as cute as her's. Haha."

"Uh huh... aaanyways."

Hunter continued to read until he began to feel sleepy.

"I think that's enough for tonight." The boy let out a big yawn and settled into bed, under the covers. "Goodnight, (Y/n)."

"Goodnight, Hunter. Sweet dreams." She smiled warmly and kissed his forehead on impulse. Her face blew up red and her mind began racing.

SHIT- WHY DID I DO THAT. WHY DID I DO THAT.

Hunter smiled back and returned the kiss to the forehead, pressing his lips against (Y/n)'s forehead. "Sweet dreams to you too."

And there we have it boys, it only took 38 chapters, but (Y/n) has finally fallen for the skrunkly little golden guard. Lets goooo.

Also. Hunter and (Y/n) can understand each other's palismen because Yes.