16 ~ Nifty Preperations

It feels like I should know who you are. But I don't.

——————————————————————

A week went by. It was Grom night.

"Alright, partner. What's the plan?" (Y/n) questioned, walking alongside Hunter as they made their way through the castle halls.

"Well. The Owl Lady will have all of her focus on Grom. And, from what I heard, her kid is Grom queen, so while she's focussed on that, we ambush her."

(Y/n) nodded.

"Now, do you have your outfit?"

"Outfit?"

"Yes. Outfit." Hunter replied as they entered his room. He walked over to his closet and brought out a brown suit jacket and brown dress pants with a white undershirt. Oh, and don't forget the grey tie, really pulling together the tired, middle aged-business man look.

"Let's talk about your outfit first." (Y/n) crossed her arms as Hunter walked into the closet and changed into his Grom outfit.

"What about it?" He peeked his head out, "It's great! ...Right?"

"Hunter, buddy. My partner pal. You know I love you. But that.. that outfit... it uh."

Everything was oversized. Not in a fashionable way.

"It what." Hunter narrowed his eyes.

"Uh... the uh, color doesn't match your.. eyes..? Here-" (Y/n) moved him to the side and looked through his closet.
She pulled out an ensemble of black apparel. "Here." She handed it to him.

" She handed it to him

(Art by Dana Terrace)

"This is.. surprisingly better."

"The hell you mean surprisingly??" (Y/n) rolled her eyes with a grin.

"Hey, I haven't seen your outfit Miss Fashionista." He pouted with a scrunched up face.

"See now. That's just the thing, I didn't think we'd be dressing up."

"Oh, so you thought we'd just walk in there, armor and all, and not be noticed."

"Okay, I didn't think that far ahead."

"Clearly." He stared at (Y/n), holding back a smile.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "Fine. Lemme see if I have something." She grumbled, leaving his room.

Hunter waited until he heard a knock on his door. He opened it and his eyes widened.

(Y/n) wore a simple dress that brought out her figure, beautifully.

"Yeah, I hate it too." She grumbled, seeing Hunter's reaction.

"No, I-.. you look.. nice. Um." He stuttered as he felt his cheeks warm.

The dress was black with accents of blue, matching and complimenting Hunter's outfit.

"It's beautiful. You're beautiful. I MEAN-"

"Thanks, handsome." (Y/n) teased with a wink. "Now hurry, the sun's already setting, we should get to Grom at the same time as everybody else to not draw attention to ourselves."

Hunter nodded, his blushing cheeks beginning to fade, "Wait, but won't some of your classmates recognize you?"

"Yes, that's why we gotta hurry and blend into the sea of people! C'mon,"