7 ~ I've Been Having Dreams

We run and run. We laugh and laugh.

My feet feel weightless, my world feels careless.

Nothing matters, only this moment does. This moment of bliss and happiness.

I hold their hand. They hold mine.

Who are they? I keep asking myself.
I never get an answer.

We laugh and smile together. I wear a dress that flows beautifully in the wind.

"You're just as beautiful as this meadow." They say.

Everything feels like heaven. Ethereal. The sun shines down on us and the clouds race by. It feels like a storybook.

Our moment is interrupted as we both stop in front of a cave.

The cave is dark and eerie.

I'd never seen this part of the dream before...

———————————————————————

"You wanted to see my apprentice, Emperor Belos?" Lilith said and bowed after entering the throne room. (Y/n) bowed as well.

"Oh, yes. I'm glad to see she's received her uniform. I'd like her to meet someone today."

A person stepped out from the shadows. They looked to be around (Y/n)'s age.

"Silver Scout, I'd like you to meet my right hand, The Golden Guard."

Oh, it's the guy Lilith doesn't like.

The Golden Guard stepped down from the platform the throne sat on. He stood in front of (Y/n). He was about a head taller.

"Nice to meet you." He said, flatly.

"Nice to meet you too!" (Y/n) beamed, cheerfully to counter his monotone greeting, grabbing his hand and shaking it.

"He'll be your new partner. You'll work together with him on missions."

(Y/n) nods. New partner, eh?

"You both are dismissed. Lilith stay, I'd like to talk to you."

The silver and golden pair walk out of the throne room in silence.

"So.. uh, what's your name?" (Y/n) asked, trying to break the ice between them.

"We're not supposed to reveal that."

"Oh. I didn't know that."

"Well now you do." The Golden Guard said with a condescending tone that (Y/n) didn't like.

"Hey man, if we're supposed to work together on missions, we should at least try to know each other!"

"My name's The Golden Guard. Your name's The Silver Scout. Boom, there, besties." He sarcastically said, doing jazz hands.

(Y/n) slung an arm around his shoulder, "Alright then, bestie," She smirked under her mask, earning a glare from the masked Golden Guard. "What's our first mission?"

"Well, I guess you could come with me on my mission." He grunted, shrugging her arm off him.

"What's the mission, bestie?"

He rolled his eyes, deciding it was best to ignore it. "Find and arrest this witch who's been graffitiing Anti-Belos propaganda." The Golden Guard held up a wanted poster.

The poster had a young girl, maybe early 20s. She held a spray can in her wanted photo. Her bounty was 8000 snails.. why so much for just graffiti?

"Alright, let's do that." (Y/n) said as the pair reached the bridge leading out of the castle.