64 ~ Their Happily Ever After

"Hello, old friends.

It's been so long.

But you've finally joined us, after all this time.

We've missed you so.

Did you miss us? Admit it, you missed us.

Did they take good care of you?

...

They'll be okay.

Of course they'll miss you both.

They love you very much, my friends.

One day, they'll join us here and you'll see them again when we reunite with them at the rainbow bridge."

———————————————————

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"No! Keep them shut, (Y/n)."

"But I can't see where I'm going."

"That is the point of a blindfold."

"Shut up. Where are you taking me. You're gonna kill me aren't you? Hold me for ransom and kill me once you receive the 12 snails I'm worth. Four years together only for you to ransom me for a mere 12 snails."

"You're worth so much more than 12 snails, (Y/n)! You're worth at least 13."

"Thanks, honey, I feel so loved right now."

"Of course, my dear... Okay, you can open your eyes now."

(Y/n)'s eyes opened to see the river they'd met Pip at so long ago. They hadn't been back there since.

But it was beautiful. The goreberries in the trees twinkled different colors in the dark, almost as if someone had strung colored lights along the end of the forest.

The river illuminated a vibrant, glowing cyan which lit up the entire edge of the forest and let you see the bottom of the stream. Small, grey rocks from the riverbed sat at the bottom on top of clean, yellow sand.

"What're we doing here? I've never seen it at night.." (Y/n) softly said as she walked away from Hunter and over to the riverbank. "Hahah, remember when I took my mask of and got us in trouble?" (Y/n) reminisced as she turned back around to face Hunter again, "We were playing in the water and I-" She gasped when she saw Hunter kneeling in front of her.

"(Y)-(Y/n)..?" He asked with a nervous stutter on one knee, as he pulled out something from his pocket. It was a wooden animal. A (favorite animal) that he had carved. "Will you make me the happiest man to have ever existed on the Boiling Isles and in the Human Realm? And be my wife until death do us part?"

(Y/n) couldn't believe it. "Yes!" Was the only thing she could even say comprehensively.

And unexpectedly, the lifeless palisman exploded in a blast of (f/c) light. When the light faded, there, in Hunter's hands, stood a beautiful vibrant palisman.

Hunter stood there, awestruck. He felt his heart hurting in the best way with love and passion. "Your.. deepest desire.. was to be my wife..?"

"What else could I ever want in this lifetime? Maybe to have a family with you, but other than that, I don't-" Hunter didn't let her finish, only tackling her to the grassy floor and pecking kisses all over her.

She laughed and laughed as he tickled her with his kisses.

And the (favorite animal) palisman made its way over to the couple who were happily rolling in the grass before being met by a chirping bluejay.