42 ~ Memories Best Left Forgotten

"Monster."

———————————————

The three of them hit the ground with a thud as the child continued to run.

They stood in a dark and gloomy town, and in the center of that town was a tent which gathered a crowd.

Hunter, Luz and (Y/n) ran up to the tent and stood within the crowd.

"He says he can talk to the Titan." One witch doubtfully said.

"The Titan is dead. How is that possible?" Another replied.

A man stepped onto the tent and stood before the crowd, "Fellow citizens." He greeted, "We are born into chaos. Our lives anger the Titan."

He said provokingly.

"My own family has been hurt by the darkness of wild magic. I have been shown the healing light. It shines in nine hues!" He held up his staff and shot nine colored lights into the night's sky.

The crowd ooh'd and ahh'd in awe.

"See? He's always been helping people." Hunter smirked and elbowed Luz.

But suddenly, out of the blue, an explosion startled the crowd. Tens of explosions followed and it seemed as though someone was throwing bombs.

"The wild witches! They have found me!" Belos declared, "Run!!"

Luz turned away, quickly running with (Y/n) and Hunter following closely behind.
When she stopped around the corner to take a breather she heard an all too familiar voice.

"You incompetent fool!" He scolded, "You nearly took my head off with that blast!"

The Golden Guard looked away in shame. "I'm sorry, Lord Belos." He looked the same age as Hunter. Their uniforms only different a little. "What about the rest of these?" He asked, removing a sheet from some boxes. The boxes had been filled with explosives.

"Put on a bigger show." Belos commanded.

Hunter felt disgusted. No. He felt appalled as he watched the Golden Guard light a match and spark a bomb's fuze.

(Y/n) felt her heart drop. No.. he- he didn't just say that.. he...

The child ran and grabbed a bag, all the while laughing and leading the three out of the memory.

They set foot back into the dead memory forest. Their feet stamped into the dry, silty sand.

"Belos was lying!" Luz reasoned, "Wild witches weren't attacking him! How could you help someone like that?!" She yelled at Hunter and (Y/n).

"That was.. probably a special technique to get people to listen to his message! It's... it's for the greater good." Hunter tried desperately to defend him.

"He.. maybe that wasn't him. Maybe.. he..." (Y/n) trailed off as she tried and failed to come up with a reason for what Belos had said.

Luz glared at the two before becoming startled. The Inner Belos began to reach out of the memory. "Agh! It found us!" Luz yelled as the child began to run.

The Inner Belos' hand swiped and clawed at the three. Hunter quickly followed the child through another memory as Luz jumped and dodged the giant, green hand.

"Cousin (Y/n)!" Luz called out.

(Y/n) was trapped on the other side of the hand. She was separated from the group.

The Inner Belos began to peak its head out of the memory, "Go! Luz! Go! I'll be fine, just follow Hunter and stay safe!" (Y/n) ordered as Luz hesitated to enter the memory. "Luz. Now!" She commanded.