56 ~ What's The Matter, Witch Hunter?

(TW: HANGING, BLOOD  AND DEREALIZATION)

"He's the kindest man to ever step foot here, in the Isles."

————————————

As the weeks passed, the progress on the portal door lessened. Camila began working longer shifts in order to afford the costs seven children. The seven tried their best to help, but they couldn't get jobs (because Luz was too young and the others had no legal documentation of existence or residency) nor could they earn any money from anyone. "We can't just rely on Camila forever!" Amity exclaimed in an irritated tone.

"So what do you think we should do?" Gus asked Amity, "We could pull more weight around the house; my mustard ravioli did bring tears to her eyes."

"Those weren't the kind of tears you're thinking of." Vee commented.

(Y/n) stared at Pip and Flapjack, they stared at the floor, clawing and pecking at a certain spot in the wooden planks. 

Amity pursed her lips, "Maybe we need to look elsewhere. There's an entire Human Realm to search."

"But Luz has school most of the week." Said Willow.

"So?" Amity replied, "Let's explore the town ourselves. After all, Luz went into the Boiling Isles on her own."

"If Eda came here before, maybe there were others. Maybe they left something behind we can use." Gus added,

"Yes! That's the spirit! Together, there is no challenge that can hold us ba- Wuah!" She exclaimed as she tripped and fell. Her foot had fallen into a hole Flapjack and Pip had created.

"It's a sign! We're doomed!" (Y/n) exclaimed as well.

"Come on Flapjack, Pip, this isn't funny anymore." Amity groaned at the bird. She stared at the hole he made, "Theres... something in here." She said.

In the hole was a box. An odd looking hexagonal box. Amity grabbed the box and opened it, finding a scroll inside.

"It looks like a map..." Gus said.

"Or a secret code.?" Willow added alongside Gus.

The scroll had symbols and images that confused them, a rectangle, an eye, an H and an ear? There was a long dotted red line that was similar to that you'd see on a treasure map. There were also runes and markings of a dead language around the border.

"Flapjack, Pip, is this what you've been looking for?" Hunter asked his palisman, "What does it lead to?" 

Amity glared holes into the scroll. "That eye, it kinda looks like the old portal door."

"The portal door! " Willow and Gus exclaimed as they linked arms, "Portal door! Portal door! Portal door!"

"Let's tell Luz!" Vee said.

"What if it's just another dead end? She already feels responsible for our other failed attempts." Amity mumbled, looking away. 

(Y/n) put a hand on Amity's shoulder, "Then, let's not tell her until we can figure it out. Using our buff brains!" She shouted, flexing her big, strong, beefy, strong, gigantic, hot, big biceps. 

"Buff brains!" Everyone exclaimed, all striking a strong man pose.

Hunter stared at (Y/n) as his cheeks began to reddened as he thought about the way she'd been able to pin him the other day, "Haha! Yeah!" Hunter nodded in a flustered tone, striking the strong man pose as well.