25 ~ The Agony of a Witch

He's so fine??

On titan???

_______________________________

Hunter and (Y/n) read together for hours. (Y/n)'s head rested on Hunter's shoulder and Hunter's head rested on hers.

"The titan's magic was so potent, life on the isles evolved to wield magic, themselves. Witches developed bilesacks which allow them to cast spells and use magic." Hunter read aloud.

The sound of a loud crash interrupted their serendipitous reading, alerting the both of them. They stood from the bed and got their masks back on.

Their heels click-clacked quickly against the clean floor as they rushed to the sound of the crash. The scouts of the castle were gathered around a window, watching something outside.

"Scouts, what's going on?" Hunter asked sternly.

"Lilith and The Owl Lady are having a witches duel!" One of the scouts cheered as they watched.

The Golden Guard pushed the scouts out of the way for him and (Y/n) to watch.

(Y/n) gasped a she saw her mentor battling the most powerful witch on the boiling isles, Eda the Owl Lady—Lilith's sister.

The strength of The Owl Lady scared (Y/n).
"She could've just done that to me when I crashed into her house.." The girl mumbled to herself with a shocked face hidden under her mask.

The Owl Lady was enraged. She teleported back and forth with Lilith. Flashes of blue and yellow light flickered through the setting sun's sky. The Owl Lady wrapped Lilith in black owl tubes and restrained her.

"Lilith!" (Y/n) cried as The Owl Lady shot a beam of electricity at her.

Lilith moved a cyan ball in front of her, forcing The Owl Lady to divert the energy beam away from her. The ball had the human inside.

"Stop hiding behind Luz, you coward!" The Owl Lady panted in exhaustion. All the Owl Lady wanted to do was to protect Luz, but her sister kept endangering her.

(Y/n) didn't want either of them to lose. In fact, she was rooting for both of them at the same time. She didn't want her mentor to lose, but she also didn't want The Owl Lady to lose.

Lilith had taken her in as her pupil, trained her and acted as a mother figure to her. (Y/n) grew up with Lilith teaching her.

On the other hand, The Owl Lady had been kind to her; she didn't want to hurt (Y/n) and was kind enough to have a genuine conversation with her, despite her being the enemy.

"It's sad to see you slowing down, sister. Tell me, is it the curse?" Lilith taunted with a smirk.

"Maybe it is the curse," The Owl Lady stood up, "But then, how pathetic are you, that you can't best me at my worst!" She yelled, opening several spell circles to rain hellfire on Lilith.

Lilith shielded herself from the beams of electricity with wall of cyan magic.

"You always thought you were better than me, that I could never beat you at anything!" She hid behind the wall.

"I am better than you!" The Owl Lady shouted above the noise of her spell circles.

"Then why were you so easy to curse?!"

Everything seemed to stop moving. The hellfire stopped. Nobody spoke.

Lilith seemed to regret saying what she'd said,
"A-and I have the power to remove it. If you would just let me explain-" The Owl Lady let out a cry of betrayal and she barreled towards Lilith, throwing her into the castle's wall and cracking the cinderblocks.

She was the one who cursed her. She was the one who caused her to become a beast! And now she'd pay. She would fucking pay. 

"Lilith!" (Y/n) tensed, feeling her heart drop as she watched her mentor be flung into the wall.

The human ran out, onto the bridge and yelled at The Owl Lady, pleading for her to stop. Lilith picked the human up with her magic and threw her off the bridge, into the moat of spikes.

The Owl Lady strained herself to hold the human above the spikes, using all of the strength she had left.

Lilith pushed the human down, into the spikes using a cyan hand of magic. The scouts watched intently as The Owl Lady crumbled to her knees weakly, yet she still tried to protect the human.

With an ear piercing scream, a light brighter than the sun flashed.

The Owl Lady laid on the ground, unconscious. (Y/n) watched with a saddened look under her mask. The human was lifted out of the moat by an owl and ran up to The Owl Lady, kneeling by her side.

A loud shriek escaped from The Owl Lady as she transformed into some kind of four legged beast resembling an owl. The Owl Beast approached the human before Lilith restrained it in cyan ropes.

(Y/n) tensed as The Owl Lady was taken away from her student. The human looked distraught. (Y/n) could only imagine that's how she would've felt if Lilith were taken away from her.

Hunter felt (Y/n) tensing up next to him. He silently took her hand into his, wrapping his gloved hand around hers. His way of saying, "I'm here for you."

(Y/n) closed her eyes and pursed her lips, trying to calm down.

She squeezed his hand. Her way of saying "Thank you."

A/N: Thank you for your comments, they give me life.