4 ~ Easy A

Why did we stop running?

—————————————————————————

A Witches Duel.

The first training day was a Witches Duel against ten Coven scouts.

You're probably thinking:

What the fuck. That's so unfair. A 16 year old against 10 fully trained adults?!

Yeah. It's not fair at all. You can blame Emperor Belos.

But fair or not, that was the first training session.

"Good luck, my apprentice." Lilith said, patting (Y/n) on the back. She walked away and took a seat in the stands.

"Eh heh.. yup." The young girl began to sweat. There were 10 grown adults who were about to rip her to shreds.

The duel began.

One scout charged at (Y/n). They swung a mace at the young girl's head.

"Wuagh!" She yelled as she ducked from the attack.

(Y/n) twirled her finger, conjuring a transparent orange shield and brought it up to block the swinging mace.

Another scout charged at her. (Y/n) tumbled away from the first scout and charged at the on coming scout, hitting him in the gut with her shield.

He disappeared in a puff of blue smoke.

"Damn it!" A coven scout yelled from the stands.

(Y/n) looked to the seating stands, seeing nine other scouts, all controlling illusions.

"So they're all illusions..." She muttered to herself. "Handy."

With a wave of her finger, she conjured a large, transparent orange dagger.

"Woah, where'd the girl get the sword?!" One of the scouts screamed.

(Y/n) began sprinting at him. Before he could realize what was happening, (Y/n) dropped down low and swept his legs from under him.

"Wuagh!" He yelled as he fell.

(Y/n) stabbed the dagger through the scout's mask and he disappeared.

"Two down..." She smirked.

The other scouts readied themselves with transparent shields of varying colors.

But the shields weren't enough. (Y/n) was quick and agile. More agile than the scouts and smarter, too.

She slid under a scout, sliding between their legs and stabbed them in the back.

"Three."

While she was behind them, she took the opportunity to continue stabbing them in the back and cutting them in half while they took a second to realize where she'd gone.

"Four, five." She counted.

She was taking them out left and right, easily.

"Six, seven."

Finally it came down to a 3 v 1.

They all charged her at the same time, planning to overwhelm her and take her out.

But she wouldn't have that.

She used her magic, growing a pillar of ice from the ground and propelling herself upwards.

All three scouts ran face first into the pillar and poofed into blue smoke.

The match was done.

(Y/n) exhaled a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

She'd won.

"Oh (Y/n)!!" Lilith cheered.

"Did I do good?"

"You did better than good! You did amazing!! You beat them so quickly!" She exclaimed, descending from the stands.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, it was... kinda easy..."

Lilith's eyes widened. "What?! Easy? But these were our best combat scouts..."

"Then you.. might wanna get new combat scouts if a 16 year old can take them out within like.. ten minutes."

"Mmh, yes... eh, well let's move onto your second test!"

"Test..? This was a test? I thought this was training??"

"Test, training, it's the same thing, really. It's training you while evaluating you!"

"Uh.. huh..." (Y/n) nodded, not fully understanding, but going along with it anyways.

"Now come on, lets get to your second test."