49 ~ Train of Thought

Why won't you move? Please, Caleb. Move. Show me any sign of life, please. Inhale. Then exhale.

Please. You're not.. dead. You can't be.

I know this is a joke, Caleb. It's not funny. Stop it. Now. Please. NOW.

CALEB, PLEASE. STOP. THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE.

COME ON, WAKE UP. PLEASE.

"...please."

I return to my home. My solitude. I lay my husband down on the couch. He'll wake up soon enough. I know he will.

And when he does, I'll make him a lovely dinner. Of all his favorite things.

————————————

Caw caw
The crowing echoed through the air.

(Y/n) looked to the source of the sound to see a black crow flying towards her and Hunter. They were walking along a road leading to nowhere.

After the Hexside incident, Gus, Willow and their respective families were told to hide and Hunter and (Y/n) were told to run.

So they did just that. They flew on their palismen through the forest as fast as they could.
And now they were walking with their palismen who followed close behind.

(Y/n) hummed and looked at the crow who landed on her shoulder. "(Y-) (-n)?" A staticy voice asked from the crow's beak.

"Lilith?!" The girl exclaimed, stunned.

"O- h, thank Titan y——r'e okay!" Her voice cut in and out. "Where —re you?"

"Somewhere in the middle of the woods.?" (Y/n) guessed. "Why? Where are you?"

"I—m in Latiss—a. Are you— nearby?"

(Y/n) leaned over to Hunter who held a map, "Hunter where are we?" She asked.

She heard groaning coming from the telecrow. "Ugh—- sh-'s with tha-t Golden Br-a-t."

"Hunter-r??" She heard a man ask.

"Looks like we're headed towards a train station that goes to Latissa. We'd be there within two days." (Y/n) said into the crow.

"Okay," Lilith nodded on her end, "keep your cr—ow on you and call me when yo—'re about to arrive at Latissa. I'll pick you up from the station."

"You got it Mama Lilith."

"Alright, stay safe. Okay, (Y/n)?"

"Safe is my middle name. I love you. Bye."

Hunter and (Y/n) walked and talked until they reached the train station. It was an hour from sunset and rush hour. Witches and demons alike bustling to get home.

They walked up to the ticket booth and handed the man two snails. "Two train tickets to Latissa, please." Hunter asked.

The man in the ticket booth nodded and grabbed two tickets, "You two look familiar. Have you come around here before?"

Hunter began to sweat. Shit shit. He thought. He froze and couldn't speak.

"Yes, actually. I'm surprised you recognized us!" (Y/n) quickly lied, seeing that Hunter couldn't speak. "We came around here to visit family a few months ago. You have quite a good memory!"