4 Levi

The rest of the week ends up like the first day. I leave her and then watch her when she's alone.

Creeper. O.o

Then we go back and I have her clean something. Cleaning is a good skill to have. It teaches organization and makes everyone feel good about themselves. To me, the feeling of dirt is just too dirty. It gives me a disgusted feeling and, though it may annoy most people, I am in charge of them. The only things that give me immense satisfaction are killing titans and making something spotless.

At least she isn't horrible at cleaning like Jaeger.

Commander Erwin calls a lot of us to his office to ask how the individual training is going. Everyone says that their cadet is progressing steadily, even me.

"I want to personally assess each one individually in a few weeks." He dismisses us, but I stay. "Yes, Levi?"

"I want to take a short leave of absence, sir. Four days at the most," I tell him.

"Why?"

"I want to... think over your letter, sir."

"Very well." He reaches into his desk, but I have the form already filled out. I hand it to him and he looks at it. "Tomorrow?"

"I want to go as soon as possible, sir."

"Alright." He signs the bottom and hands it back to me.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome." He nods at me, indicating that I leave now. I nod back and turn on my heel. I walk out and close the door behind me.

"What were you talking to him about?" Another captain, Captain Sash, asks me.

"I'm taking a leave of absence."

"Why?"

"None of your business." I start to walk away.

"We're in the Scouting Legion. That technically makes it everyone's business." He follows me.

"It's private."

"Oh?" he asks but I don't elaborate. Like I said, it's private.

He lets me walk out alone and I go to check on the girl's progress. I point out at least fifty things wrong with her cleaning. Before she starts again, however, I tell her I'm leaving tomorrow.

"May I ask why, sir?"

"No." She looks down. "Which officer would you like to train with in my absence. Preferably one who already has an individual to train."

"Captain Zebbo, sir."

"Alright." I turn and leave. I believe Captain Zebbo is paired with the recruit she is with most often. I don't know his name, but I go to find Zebbo. I see him just returning from the forest with the boy on their horses and walk up to him.

"Ackerman, hello."

"I'm taking a leave of absence for a few days. Will you take care of my cadet while I'm gone?"

"Of course. Where are you going?"

"Nowhere."

I almost put "Going past Wall Rose to get myself eaten by a titan." but he's not really sarcastic at all so... yeah. It would have been funny though.

He laughs, realizing I don't want to tell him.

I go back to my room.