18 Levi

No one could find Guiin. Someone said they saw her walking into the forest and I wonder if she learned anything while I was teaching her. She's lost. Or she deserted.

When it got too dark to see, Commander Erwin told everyone who was looking to stop.

She's in my squad, so I'm somewhat responsible for her. I was looking as well.

When I get back to my room, Ferret is waiting for me. I pick him up. He ends up crawling down my leg and running around on the floor. I watch him for a while, but then pick him up and set him back in his box. Do I need a cage for him? I don't want to buy a cage.

I walk into my bedroom and change clothes.

Why is it so hard to write in Levi's pov? He's a boy, he's nearly emotionless, he's so much different than anyone I've written about...

I wonder how she could have been so stupid as to get lost in the forest. She'll probably be back tomorrow.

With that thought, I fall asleep.

***

The Commander has me supervise the hand-to-hand combat practice for the next two days. All I can think about is how Guiin needs this practice and how she probably impaled herself with a stick by accident.

The thought saddens me very slightly. I went to all that trouble to train her and save her life more than once. Then she shows her appreciation by going and getting lost.

She also showed her appreciation by saying thanks.

After practice was over for both days, my squad and I searched the forest for any sign of Guiin. At least we have a direction to look in, but she could be anywhere after two days.

I purposefully avoid the direction of Genta's house. I don't want to explain how she knows me, and I don't want to risk Petr seeing me and getting excited or anything.

Oh no! They can't find Ecyn! What will happen? Where is Ecyn?